Sumatra Thread!

I don't know if anyone one would be interested but I have an amazing blue bantam rooster for sale. He has shown very well and has great lacing just I am going to keep most of his children and he's aggressive but too pretty to send to auction. Would make an amazing addition to anyone's blue project or breeding. Here is an actual photo of him message me if interested.

Very pretty!:thumbsup

I'm in a similar boat. I have a pretty guy, but too aggressive for us. I posted him for sale but no takers near by so he is headed to auction next week.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone one would be interested but I have an amazing blue bantam rooster for sale. He has shown very well and has great lacing just I am going to keep most of his children and he's aggressive but too pretty to send to auction. Would make an amazing addition to anyone's blue project or breeding. Here is an actual photo of him message me if interested.

WOW!
ep.gif

Are you willing to ship, by any chance?

I can ship but I rather have him picked up at the Knoxville APA/ Sumatra nationals and I can't take him to auction because blue bantams are hard to come by and he has to good of type and lacing to go to waste without giving someone else the chance to buy him

That is one amazing bird. Is that show quality stock? Too bad I don't do Sumatra bantams. How much larger is that guy from an average Sumatra rooster. Without scale he looks full size (plus you got all the plumage!).

I bought a pair from Toni-Marie last year that lay blue eggs. It's a beautiful shade of blue that I would put up against any Amearicana egg any day ! From what I read, somewhere , she may have gotten them from the university of Arkansas along time ago....but I could be wrong on that.
Maybe I missed your post, but what do blue laying Sumatra look like? Any different? Toni-Marie is the breeder?

That is one amazing bird. Is that show quality stock? Too bad I don't do Sumatra bantams. How much larger is that guy from an average Sumatra rooster. Without scale he looks full size (plus you got all the plumage!).
He is directly from Tom Kernan. So yes he is show stock. He took BV at Delmarva out of all of Toms blues which is really good and his daughter that I bred and raised won RV at the SCPFA show against toms blues and was the next choice for RB if she was a few months older. Bantams are 1/5 the size of their LF counter parts

Maybe I missed your post, but what do blue laying Sumatra look like? Any different? Toni-Marie is the breeder?

Yes, Toni-Marie was the breeder. They don't look anything like that beautiful blue roo above but appear to be pretty true to type. The Roo pictured is just growing his tail back out but even at full length it doesn't have the nice curtain I've seen on some other show quality birds.

They have all the normal Sumatra traits...pea comb, multiple spurs, yellow feet and melanized face. My Roos wattles are a little long and a little red even after being out in the sun. The hen, who I just lost to a prolapse, was very skittish but went broody and was a great mom. The Roos wonderful with people but doesn't tolerate any other roosters even those introduced young...if they crow, he will kill them.

Hope that helps.

Amazing! I keep my 8 foot pen with a chickwire roof. I hope to free range them one day, I feel theydont like captivity.

I hear ya. I free range only when I am home now. It's amazing exactly how many predators love to eat chicken! :he. I am glad I started with cheap chickens, I only have three left of the original 13. Talk about a crash course on predator proofing and I've now made friends with a local trapper who is only too happy to set up shop near my house.

I'm drooling! :love

Yes, Toni-Marie was the breeder. They don't look anything like that beautiful blue roo above but appear to be pretty true to type. The Roo pictured is just growing his tail back out but even at full length it doesn't have the nice curtain I've seen on some other show quality birds.

They have all the normal Sumatra traits...pea comb, multiple spurs, yellow feet and melanized face. My Roos wattles are a little long and a little red even after being out in the sun. The hen, who I just lost to a prolapse, was very skittish but went broody and was a great mom. The Roos wonderful with people but doesn't tolerate any other roosters even those introduced young...if they crow, he will kill them.

Hope that helps.

"Was" the breeder? What happened to her birds? Where would one get one from now?
And I think the gameness is great! Weren't they game a long time ago anyways?

Back
Top Bottom