Sumatra Thread!

Heres my Sumatra called Sid i bred him this year and without being cocky (pardon the pun) i think he is not far of perfect he 5 months and 26 days. Funny thought one of these chicks i don't know which one but one is the handsome one above (Sid).
Much farther than you think. At his age, 6 mos. he should have much thicker heavier fuller feathering sickle wise. Not that great. Single spurred too.

Last edited:

I like the rooster's body type and leg color but his tale angle is to high, he has a super red face which you can change it with some sun. it will make his face darker. a very small head for my likeing. I do like the sumatras to have longer saddle feathers and tales. now the hen it is hard to tell in this photo to really see her confiormation. but I do like the head on her. do you have any more photos of them?? I might be missing something little that I can not see in this photo??
they are not the best quality but are ok for me i suppose.oh just to add they are all roughly 6 half months give or take here is another rooster i have.

the tail is standing a bit much but i thought it might fall some as it fills out i might be wrong one of my roosters has a tail that is straight out i will get a pic up soon

i am new to the samatras. i got a pr this past summer,.her first eggs was laid about a month ago.i checked for fertilety after being in the bator for 10 days and from what i can see not one egg out of 12 is fertile. can someone help me with this problem thanks alot

This hen has way to high of a angle for me. I one bred out a hen that looked so horrible no one at the shows would buy her so I gust go rid of her at a feed store. this hen had a even higher angle than the hen above she had so many problems that I can't name them all. the strange thing is that the mom is a pure bred sumatra and the father is a pure bred sumatra and she did not look like a pure bred sumatra.

That's the joy/curse of genetic variation. Sometimes we get a cool and unexplained mutation/deviation from the expected that we utilize and other times we get a "Crap, how the heck did that happen"?

Back
Top Bottom