Sumatra Thread!

Wow I did not know it was the expensive.
ep.gif
ep.gif

Yep, very expensive. That's why anything from imported stock cost so much. And yes, most people that post " info" about importing don't know what they are talking about. They just know its a pain and repeat what they've seen others post ( who didn't know what they were talking about either , lol). It is a chore though. The USDA APHIS website has all the info on it, if anyone is curious about doing it. They have list of excepted countries that eggs can be imported from and fk straight to you for hatching at home. Others have to be hatched at facilities by the USDA then quarentined as a bird would be. All birds from any place have to be quarentined . Then there's a banned list of countries . Pretty much all of the middle east, Korea, etc... the ones they don't trust for obvious reasons.

Here is the best of the MMcM pullets that I hope will help shape the heads of my line next season.

-Stephen

Here is the best of the MMcM pullets that I hope will help shape the heads of my line next season.

-Stephen
Not a bad head considering she came from a hatchery. I like her small comb and clean neck line. She's got good face color also. Is your rooster dark in eye color, almost black? Good luck with her.

Did you already cull some out? Sorry about your lost birds. Are you still gonna show this year?

I did one big cull and got rid of about 60. I constantly cull for color on my whites and black birds so I've probably culled in excess of 200 birds to this point. Still many more to go.

Unfortunately a friend in Southern California got hurt and had to get rid of their birds, they still had a lot left over so my parents bought all them off of the family to resell. They went to the show with 20 and came home with 110 :D

My birds have attended two shows with my parents so far this year. I have been extremely busy with school, and can't spebd the weekend away from home.

The show season is actually going well, and bad at the same time. Two weeks ago I won reserve largefowl open with an Australorp cockerel, and found him dead on Tuesday, just before it was time to get a bath for this weekend. So I couldn't sent him, but his half brother took reserve open English this weekend, and the judge had nothing but good things to say about my other two males, except they still need to finish growing in their hackles. I'll be attending my first show with my birds in two or three weeks, I have to look at my calendar.

Hope all is going well for everyone else's season!

Back
Top Bottom