Sumatra Thread!

LL
Ok I think she could have a longer tail, her back could be longer, her head is a bit narrow. Other than that she is a nice bird.
love.gif

My favorite part is her tail. The standard calls for 15° ABOVE horizontal, but yet so many have tails lower. For example, I drove out to Indiana and showed at the Crossroads show(as a junior). The champion and reserve AOSB for juniors had lower tail angles, when showing and excited, than the Cubalayas I showed. That is sad.
I am clearly not a professional photographer, and as a result this was the best photo, and she is turned towards the camera. I also really like this birds full chest. I've seen to many Sumatras that somehow weigh more than the standard but lack anything up front. Where does it go?
Thank you Champion for expressing your personal opinion, and thank you NYREDS for the kind words that I pick up from your post regardless of their existence ;)

My favorite part is her tail. The standard calls for 15° ABOVE horizontal, but yet so many have tails lower. For example, I drove out to Indiana and showed at the Crossroads show(as a junior). The champion and reserve AOSB for juniors had lower tail angles, when showing and excited, than the Cubalayas I showed. That is sad.
I am clearly not a professional photographer, and as a result this was the best photo, and she is turned towards the camera. I also really like this birds full chest. I've seen to many Sumatras that somehow weigh more than the standard but lack anything up front. Where does it go?
Thank you Champion for expressing your personal opinion, and thank you NYREDS for the kind words that I pick up from your post regardless of their existence ;)
I have seen this bird in person but I don't have a problem with the way it looks in the picture either. NYREDS and I are actually judges. Good Sumatra Zach.

Walt

She's truly really nice Cubakid, and your picture of her came out very nice. Hopefully you will be able to get back into sumatras later on, and get some of your old line/birds back.

Back
Top Bottom