Sumatra Thread!

Thank you for the information Fowlman. And 5 judges makes Cubakids win a little more impressive (at least to me). How many judges are at a show normally, or does number of birds dictate how many judges at the show?

Quote:
Thanks, I was able to get it big enough to read. Wow nice article. Did you get to judge that show and where was it?

Each show ranges in judges most by me have 3 judges but I have been to show with 5! The next show I am going to is Susquehannah in March and Delmarva in April wish I could go to the north eastern poultry congress in jan

Each show ranges in judges most by me have 3 judges but I have been to show with 5! The next show I am going to is Susquehannah in March and Delmarva in April wish I could go to the north eastern poultry congress in jan

How do you decide which shows you will go too and why?
How long do you quarantine your show birds or do you just keep
them in a separate area all the time?

BTW.........good luck at the shows
thumbsup.gif

Really I have never heard of 5 judges judging a show before I will have to look into that.

The Pacific Poultry Breeders Association show held in Stockton, CA (which Walt and I are both a part of) will have 6 Judges this year from 6 different states. This is not for any specialty shows either, just our show that we hold every year. Stating that I don't believe you know anything would be putting words to my mouth, and as I said before, it is a pain in rear to make a bird look like it does in real life in a picture. I also talk to "chicken people" ( Chairperson of the APA Standards Revision Committee, and one of the head leaders of the Judges Apprenticeship program who is also past president of the ABA) at almost every show, about 7-10 shows a year. PPBA rarely uses judges from California, and being the son of the past show sec. and active member at club meetings, I have met countless judges from across the US and Canada. Not to mention the countless hours I spend communicating with breeders from Germany.

I'm sure you know plenty about Sumatras, but you should definitely start learning more outside the breed... expand your horizons. This is not a put down or criticism, just youth to youth advice.
Zach

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom