Sumatra Thread!

Clint, thank you. Oh and its really just a white sheet that I put them on. Although it is snowing right now, I could probably get some snow shots too.

Thank you everyone for the kind words! I do like the direction of the look of this blue too. Still a ways to go. I just want a really defined laced blue. I hatched a lot of chicks from this hen so we shall see.
fl.gif

You going to start showing again this year? Great birds as always!

Good news I am shipping three sumatra's to a guy in china TX!

Quote:
That is ok, we all need to improve our stock. I do see some potential in your birds. I like the blue hen the best. She flows a lot better than the black one dose. The black one has really hard feathering you can tell because the feathers look really plastered on the body. The blue has some fluff with is good because it flows a lot better. I hope you don't mind me giving you my honest opinion.

Last edited:
That is ok, we all need to improve our stock. I do see some potential in your birds. I like the blue hen the best. She flows a lot better than the black one dose. The black one has really hard feathering you can tell because the feathers look really plastered on the body. The blue has some fluff with is good because it flows a lot better. I hope you don't mind me giving you my honest opinion.

I do not mind at all! In fact it just shows the difference of opinions and interpretation of the standard. Keep in mind those are both bantams. The black one in my opinion is exactly what I am looking for. I want close to the body, short, hard and firm feathers, with as little fluff as possible (without going completely hard feathered like the games). She is my ideal bird. The blue is okay but lacks the short feathers. She on the other hand has very long skinny feathers.

Thank you for your honest opinion.
big_smile.png
I enjoy hearing them.

I do not mind at all! In fact it just shows the difference of opinions and interpretation of the standard. Keep in mind those are both bantams. The black one in my opinion is exactly what I am looking for. I want close to the body, short, hard and firm feathers, with as little fluff as possible (without going completely hard feathered like the games). She is my ideal bird. The blue is okay but lacks the short feathers. She on the other hand has very long skinny feathers.

Thank you for your honest opinion.
big_smile.png
I enjoy hearing them.
Your birds are beautiful. I really love the lacing on the blue bantam hen and your blacks are nice broad type and excellent color no purple.I just got a nice splash bantam hen this past fall and im hoping to get some decent blues. She has a long tail so it should throw me some long tailed males. I really love your birds. Do you show?

You will have to keep us updated on how that pairing goes. My blue pullet is the result of using a black hen with lacing and a blue male.

oh and will be showing again this year.

I love how this black cockerel is turning out so far. In this photo he is 6 months old. I would love to hear ever ones input. On the tip of his tail feathers you can see the damage that the mice did to his tail.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom