Sumatra Thread!

Quote: Blue kote says cattle can be treated with it, aren't cattle considered to be a food animal? Anyways anything that contains antibiotics should not be eaten same goes for eggs for about 28 days. I am sure turmeric powder tells you that you should not to eat the animal or eat the eggs for certain amount of days am I correct?

Last edited:
Oh my god, I know what this is like... hugs.

Turmeric powder does wonders on wounds, stops bleeding, anti-viral and anti-bacteria properties, I have seen start regrowing skin and promote healing to wounds such as skin completely gone, and you can't stitch that area and no way to keep bandage on it. I know it seems weird but it works.

Turmeric powder can be bought in the store where you buy herbs and such like cinnamon.
It just dawned on me as I was looking up turmeric powder, that I have a turmeric rice recipe in one of my kids books (Everyone Eats Rice). It sounded good in the book, I might have to try cooking it one time if I can find it. Thank you again.

Honey works wonders for wounds as well. My reconstructive surgeon would always apply honey to my wounds after he replaced stitches and such. We've used it on chickens quite a bit and it does great. Honey wont allow anything to live inside a wound and it is natural.

Blue kote says cattle can be treated with it, aren't cattle considered to be a food animal? Anyways anything that contains antibiotics should not be eaten same goes for eggs for about 28 days. I am sure turmeric powder tells you that you should not to eat the animal or eat the eggs for certain amount of days am I correct?
Champ,

Tumeric is a spice
smile.png

For what it is worth.... here is the wiki article on it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turmeric

Quote: Fascinating I did not know it was a spice. (Waterer floated your goat should matter not how you did it.) I am not saying that my way is better but I really like the results when I did use it.
smile.png

Last edited:
Isn't manuka honey the stuff you want to use on wounds?
My mum uses it on the horses if they cut their leg and for other various injures.

Ill put up some pictures of my new sumatras in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom