Sumatra Thread!

We finally got more rain but also 70 mph winds again so we lost power and the plants were whipped around and trees everywhere were uprooted. There were even a few new fires started due to down powerlines
Sure hope you and yours are safe. Storms like that can be scary.
It gets rough here when a hurricane gets close so I know those
high winds can do a lot of damage. Hope the power is on soon and
the fires are out.

HERE IS THE PAIR OF SUMATRA/ASIL BIRDS. THEY ARE SUPER AGRESSIVE AND CANT EVEN PUT THEM TOGETHER.

Sorry for the bad pics of hen, she is very figity

the sumatra/asil roo is outside the pen, the sumatra/asil hen has white/gray on her head
because the roo tore a big chunk of flesh off her head :(

Blue Hen is my own line, black hen on bottom is from Boggy Bottom

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

Nice birds
HERE IS THE PAIR OF SUMATRA/ASIL BIRDS. THEY ARE SUPER AGRESSIVE AND CANT EVEN PUT THEM TOGETHER. Sorry for the bad pics of hen, she is very figity the sumatra/asil roo is outside the pen, the sumatra/asil hen has white/gray on her head because the roo tore a big chunk of flesh off her head :( Blue Hen is my own line, black hen on bottom is from Boggy Bottom LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

Palamino Paul........welcome to the thread. I would suggest a local search for birds and eggs
as they do best that way. Sumatras can be hard to find. Try going to some shows as you
may be able to find breeders close to you that way. Good luck.

rambob..........it's hard to say much about the hens from the pictures. The rooster is young
and a mix so again........hard to say much since I'm not up on the Asils. I don't know if his
aggression will go away but I don't think it will. As long as you are happy with him then it
will be good. Hope you enjoy him for a long time.

So I am a bit disappointed. Went to the Ohio State Fair this weekend, and of course I was excited to see the chickens. Was really hoping to see these guys in real life...I know my girl is only hatchery quality so won't be as pretty, so would be cool to see what an SOP bird looked like. Only 3 Sumatras that I could find...one girl who had won "best other breed" that was pretty, another less pretty girl, and one boy...very bedraggled in my inexperienced opinion. I've seen prettier birds just in the pics on here. Didn't see any of the Cubalayas or more "unique" birds...most of what was there was barred rocks or RIR, and a ton of bantams...don't know if it was because it was the last weekend or what. But I was disappointed.

Palamino Paul........welcome to the thread. I would suggest a local search for birds and eggs
as they do best that way. Sumatras can be hard to find. Try going to some shows as you
may be able to find breeders close to you that way. Good luck.

rambob..........it's hard to say much about the hens from the pictures. The rooster is young
and a mix so again........hard to say much since I'm not up on the Asils. I don't know if his
aggression will go away but I don't think it will. As long as you are happy with him then it
will be good. Hope you enjoy him for a long time.

Any young bird that shows aggression will only get worse not better. Some Asils are extremely aggressive.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom