Sumatra Thread!

@Black Raja I too am breeding for the same traits as you are in your Sumatra line. I have some sumatra/aseel juvies with really dark faces, no wattles, and small pea combs and I have a Sumatra roo over a phoenix hen for the longer tails. From the sumatra/phoenic cross, I got birds that look almost pure Sumatra with multiple spur, small pea comb, small wattles and dark faces.
That,s cool ! You sure know about the Longtail Parrot beak Aseel from India , they have a pretty interesting shape ... a cross with Sumatra should give the bird shape i'm looking for ...
I just imagine a bird like this with a full curtain of saddles, , that would be very exciting !! But there is no birds of this breed in America yet ...

@Black Raja I think a phoenix/aseel would it give a much better tail and stance to be similar to that bird. I have some phoenix that have a thick curtain of saddles. Or maybe a half aseel 1/4 Sumatra 1/4 phoenix. Keeps the bird upright and the tail genes. Just my thought.

@Black Raja I think a phoenix/aseel would it give a much better tail and stance to be similar to that bird. I have some phoenix that have a thick curtain of saddles. Or maybe a half aseel 1/4 Sumatra 1/4 phoenix. Keeps the bird upright and the tail genes. Just my thought.
Thank you Rambob , i will consider these informations !
wink.png
Here is a pic of the frame of the bird i want , but with lot more feathers !! ... it,s an Ayam Hitam from actual Sumatra island ...from this pic i can say it,s a black Sumatra cousin !!

Wow!! cool looking birds and drawings!!!

I have a foot color question on the Sumatras: do the cockrels maintain the yellow on their foot pads? I only have the two and my pullet still has yellow but my cockrel has gone all black. Is that a bad thing for the standard? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom