Summer

GMoose

Songster
Nov 23, 2021
Pa
Is it okay to keep my 5 chickens in a fairly large coop with no run all summer? 2 months. they have all access to clean water anf food

Can they have access to direct sunlight? They need to absorb vitamin D from the sun and they do it by sunbathing and their feathers absorb the vitamin that is so crucial to egg laying. They also need good ventilation. But having dirt to scratch and roll in is what chickens do for peace of mind and overall well being.

I'm a little confused - folks in arctic areas may need to lock birds up in the winter, but I've never heard of anyone locking birds up in the summer. Are you talking free ranging, or do you mean locked inside the coop with no time outside?

Do you have a photo and measurements of your coop? How much space is there per bird? How are the temperatures inside?

I'm a little confused - folks in arctic areas may need to lock birds up in the winter, but I've never heard of anyone locking birds up in the summer. Are you talking free ranging, or do you mean locked inside the coop with no time outside?

Do you have a photo and measurements of your coop? How much space is there per bird? How are the temperatures inside?
Ditto all Deez^^^
Is it okay to keep my 5 chickens in a fairly large coop with no run all summer? 2 months. they have all access to clean water anf food
Why would you want to do that @GMoose ?

Also.....
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1688467374478.png

Back
Top Bottom