Summer's chat thread!

Pics
Perhaps someone is interested in reading a bit about what I have been up to lately.

I recently sort of inherited a truck.. kind of a interesting thing (it's a 1992 toyota pick-up)
My dad and I fixed it up and got it running, now I have to physically learn how to drive a manual. I am pretty familiar with the concept and actually mentally knew how to since I was about 13-14 y/o.

I recently started driving myself to school, I love getting to drive the truck that I have been keeping clean/nice looking for the last year.
I actually detailed the interior today.... that brings me to the fact that I took the day off of school to do that LOL.

One of my birds has come down with something, hopefully he can kick the butt of whatever illness he has contracted. I believe it is just a complication of a respiratory infection and dehydration, he is now on a course of strong antibiotics so I hope to see improvements by the end of this week (fingers crossed).

He got sick whilst I was extremely preoccupied (hospitalization of my grandmother for the last month+), it's looking like my grandmother won't pull through it so I will most likely have to once again neglect my chickens to a certain degree. I may actually have to sell off the laying flock to make things easier on me and my family.

I hope everyone has been doing just fine with both their birds and their other daily responsibilities.
Everyone give an update if you want, I would love to read about what y'all have going on. 

:hugs So sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's definitely a heart-rending experience to watch/care for a terminally ill family member.

Leghorns are more of a issue because they constantly get loose, too flightily and not productive enough is a bad combo LOL.

My family is helping feed/water and collect eggs quite a bit for now, that lessens the difficulty with everything.

The other breeds in my layer group are

Golden Duckwing Phoenix (my lucky chicken, her name is Clover)
Easter Egger (lays a huge green egg)
A trio of Australorps (includes my roo)
Barred Rock (second favorite... don't tell her LOL)
2 Leghorns (already mentioned)

I suppose I actually only have 8 in my "layer group", that's what happens when you have too many... you lose track haha.
Almost all the birds in that group are 3-4 years old
sickbyc.gif
, a few were still really great layers this year
celebrate.gif

I will definitely let you know if I sell any, chances are I don't even have much time for that right now.

ok but if you decide to let me know lol i call dibs on the EE and leghorns! and if you sell your BR i'll take her to! i would take the BA to but if you plan on keeping the trio together....i don't need any more roos! ii already have 3 roos! lol

hugs.gif
So sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's definitely a heart-rending experience to watch/care for a terminally ill family member.

It is indeed. I am going to visit her in hospice tonight, hoping she is feeling well. They called the family this morning and told us that she got cleared to be put on morphine, I am relieved to know that they will be giving her meds. Her legs have been very painful, she has quite a lot of neuropathy (nerve damage) in them. Sorry if that is TMI... I feel the need to share some of these things on occasion.

It is indeed. I am going to visit her in hospice tonight, hoping she is feeling well. They called the family this morning and told us that she got cleared to be put on morphine, I am relieved to know that they will be giving her meds. Her legs have been very painful, she has quite a lot of neuropathy (nerve damage) in them. Sorry if that is TMI... I feel the need to share some of these things on occasion.
hugs.gif
we are supporting you though the whole thing! most of us or even all of us have went though this ordeal! It sucks when you know you cant help! but show her that you love her! make her smile! make the best of it! I'm 100% with you! and I'm hoping for the best!!
fl.gif

hugs.gif
we are supporting you though the whole thing! most of us or even all of us have went though this ordeal! It sucks when you know you cant help! but show her that you love her! make her smile! make the best of it! I'm 100% with you! and I'm hoping for the best!!
fl.gif

Yesterday wasn't great. I was able to get her to open her eyes, she looked at me for a brief second but that was all. It's looking like we will lose her sometime this week.

Summer, I truly appreciate the support.

My beautiful grandmother (Eldeane) passed away this morning.
She was the mother of 3 children, the grandmother of 15 grandchildren and the great grandmother of 8 great grandchildren.

She is the one that got me into chicken keeping, as you can see from the bottom pic she loved these creatures.
I will miss hearing her speak to the chickens in a soothing tone, telling them how pretty they were.

73 years of life and she never once ceased to pursue things she wished to do. She grew up on a farm and went on to become a model and beautician, she lived a very full life.

I hope I am not making a post that is "out of place" with this, I just wanted to share a bit about her since I mentioned her in the past. I truly appreciated everyones support on here, it was very comforting to know people were out there thinking of us, wishing us well.

Back
Top Bottom