Sun rabbit show results

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Lifesong Farm, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Lifesong Farm

Lifesong Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    Noble County
    I took 4 of our Americans to show yesterday. For my second show I don't think we did to bad.

White 6/8 buck took BOSV (however he was the only 1) with judges comments being type-good, shoulders-good, midsection Lacks, and hindquarters lacks. We have a doe in the barn that is good in the areas that he lacks so... his littermate took BOB so his genetics are not that bad. We will also watch him and see how he matures.

Blue Sr. Doe took 2nd. Not to bad considering she is 2.5yrs old and has had multiple litters. Her negatives are lack of depth in the shoulders, fine boned, midsection-good and hindquarters- good. Her babies outperform her everytime.

Blue 6/8 doe 1st. Judge recommended breeding her to her grandsire my Blue Sr. Buck. Type-good, shoulders good, midsection-lacks, hindquarters good, and a few scattered white hairs. Her mother is my blue sr. Doe that took 2nd and her white sister took 2nd at national convention.

Blue Sr. Buck took BOS and BOSV. Comments type-good, shoulders-good, midsection good depth, hindquarters lacks and color good.

There were a total of 10 Americans at the show. There would have been 3 more however one white had buck spray all over her, a blue had an ear infection and my blue buck is in the middle of blowing his coat and looked like crap.

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Sounds like you had a decent day at the show! Congrats on the awards.
    I miss having rabbits & doing shows--I never got any awards, but I learned a lot about what to strive for.

3. Lifesong Farm

Lifesong Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    Noble County
    All I got were ribbons but that's ok. I was competing against two of my friends. I like going to shows. One of the few places you have people looking out for each other. There was one 3 yr old girl that got lost yesterday and there were 7 of us walking around trying to find her mom. She was reunited with grandma in 5 min.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by