Sunnyside Up

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Southern28Chick, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    This morning I made 3 sunnyside up eggs. I've never attempted sunnyside up before, I'm a fried egg girl. I don't think I did it right. I think I just ate 3 raw egg yolks. Is the yolk supposed to be raw? It was good, I just soaked up the yolk with toast.

I feel really embarrased asking this being I'm a home grown country girl and all but my family never ate sunnyside up.

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Sounds good to me... I eat raw eggs sometimes... I think sunny side up eggs the yolk is warm but still runny.

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    They were good. They were TINY though, that's why I had 3. Don't want to make myself sound like a fat body. [​IMG]

4. silkiechicken

Haha, three eggs is nothing... I've made a 12 egg white and two/three egg yolk omlet as a side as part of breakfast for a single person. Large sized eggs too.

5. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Sunny side ups and toast are a standard weekend breakfast at our house. Yummy!

6. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Arent fried eggs, sunny side up? Sorry I thought thats how fried eggs were always cooked.

At my house, I HATE eggs that are raw (I mean anything gooey), but I still like the yolks runny. There is a very fine line there too, to getting them perfect, and it takes a bit of practice. Most times I have just enuff grease that I can spoon or spatula the hot grease over the egg yolk AS its cooking, and it will get done that way. Or I just do a very short time wise flip and have them sunny side over.
    Anyhow, get them done, please, they are kinda yucky if not. Try both ways! [​IMG] If you LIKE raw egg, guess its ok, but...blech! for me. They are Sooo much better.

Jill

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  7. homecatmom

homecatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

yummmm runny yolk. I don't eat the white at all. If we go to breakfast out I order over easy and oh so carefully trim the white off all around the warm yolk. My husband calls it "doing surgery on my eggs". If the yolk is hard I won't eat it. Picky I know. Dinner for me could be 4 yolks and toast!
    Cathy

8. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Okay this was taught to me by my grandfather You cook the pound of bacon, then put the eggin and splash it with the grease. the white cooks and the yolk is still able to be slurped like SNOT my grandfathers words not mine. He hated the yolk, but I'm sure growing up through the depression and not haveing money you ate what was on your plate, whether you like it or not.

Now how I cook them sumwhat sunny side up. In a small frying pan that has a lid, heat up med-high with just a little butter or margerine. put in your eggs, then put about a tablespoon of water in and put the lid on, your egg will be cooked on both sides and the yolk will still be runny(slurpable)

P.S. my 9 and 12 year olds can go through a dozen eggs along with scraple and/or bacon/sausage so 3 is not too many

9. silkiechicken

I guess cooking with oil is normal for eggs. I normally just put them in a non stick pan with no grease or oils added. Wonder if the other stuff makes it taste different.

10. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Yup thats how I do it. I put the toast in at the same time I put the lid on when my toast pops its ready..... automatic egg timer.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by