Super Easy Crock Pot Apple Butter

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Scrambled Egg, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    OMG!!! Rosalind!!! That sounds AWESOME!!!!!!! Since I haven't peeled my apples yet..I will def. do that!!! Thanks!!!

2. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    Quote:I used to make peach butter years ago, its delicious, I miss my peach trees!

3. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Well, all done with mine today..house smells like apple pie and I have 5 (16oz) plastic rubbermaid containers in the fridge ...AND with our scrambled egg sandwiches for supper, we also had an apple butter biscuit for dessert!!! YUMMY!!!

Haven't really thought to use the plastic before but I was too lazy to drive to Walmart and the Family Dollar had these screw top rubbermaid containers...I really like them and don't have to worry about breaking a jar!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Now you stop that right now! [​IMG]

5. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Plug in that crock pot Salamander!!! Buster would like some apple butter with his biscuits this morning!!! ...which we WILL be having with our in a bit!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Mine is in the crock pot [​IMG]

Not sure my house is gonna smell too good, I have jerky drying at the same time [​IMG]

7. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I just finished mine and dh says it is soooo much better than the apple butter we buy at the local crafts fairs. Thanks for the recipe!
    Krista

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  9. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I just finished mine and dh says it is soooo much better than the apple butter we buy at the local crafts fairs. Thanks for the recipe!
    Krista

Cool!! Now you're hooked!! lol!! I'll save your recipe too Tuff, thanks! [​IMG]

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] YUMMY!!!

Still hot, but my son cleaned my spoon for me.... [​IMG]

I got about 4 1/2 cups when all done.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by