Super sick chick HELP

I would make sure the brooder she/he is in was at 85°F, with food and water at the 'cool end' of the brooder. In fact, I would move all of the chicks to an inside brooder. Without a momma hen to get under in those temps, they can become chilled very quickly.
Will do. What about overnight tonight with the sick chick?

I found one of my chicks lying on her side with her head bent back. She is still alive and peeping softly . I brought her inside and I’m giving sugar water. HELP
View attachment 3070246
How have the droppings looked? I would get nutradrench, and electrolytes into her ASAP. If you can get her to come around, then trying to coax wet cat food into her can help. I’ve had wet cat food save several chicks who wouldn’t even try and eat anything else.
Keep her warm, I usually put them in my shirt, and keep dropping water with electrolytes, and try and get an emergency dose of nutradrench into her ASAP.

Should i keep her separated
I would yes. It is possible when this happens that your looking ad coccidiosis. Which is highly contagious. And if she is unable to stand or move on her own she can be pecked and hurt by her brood mates. When this happens I usually end up sleeping sitting up all night with a chick in mu shirt, giving drops of water/nutrition all night long.

I set up a nice space in a dog crate with a new heat plate i bought from TSC. They are in my living room so it’s even warmer than the basement. I put 2 chicks in with her for snuggling and company. Should i do three for overnight or is two enough?

Back
Top Bottom