Super worried about the safe arrival of the two pilgrim goslings I ordered, they shipped out from Metzer Farms on Monday . . . Any thoughts?

We ordered pilgrim hatching eggs on eBay and went that route but we also got 4 jumbo pekins from metzer and they arrived super healthy and happy from California to Georgia. We never got any tracking info after they shipped (same thing with an order from my pet chicken) but I got a call from the post office three days later at 6am saying they arrived. I just gave them electrolytes and let them chill for a bit before giving them food (30 mins) to make sure they got all the gro gel out of their noses then introduced food. The metzer pekins are still going strong at 6 weeks old!

Nothing much more stressful than waiting on baby poultry to arrive. I have been through it many times since 1976. And in those days, our mail carrier actually delivered my initial order from Murray McMurray Hatchery to our front door.
Every minute that goes by I feel worse :( can’t wait until this ends and I am praying for the best but ready to accept the worst

I’m praying for them to arrive safely!
Hi everyone, after an extremely stressful night last night, they finally came today. I’ll get into the details later and I’ll make a longer post (there’s a whole story here about how we thought they were lost in the mail bc of errors on USPS tracking updates).

they are beautiful.

Thank you all for your support, I was telling my boyfriend how much it helped me to have this forum these last few days in preparing for their arrival but also having people who were checking in with me and care about the well-being and safe arrival of the babies.
F6468D01-7CA6-4CC1-B925-5B0F037C91BC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom