Supposed to be 4 month old Pullets

lisa69

Songster
5 Years
Feb 22, 2019
I purchased the 4 birds in the crate as 4 month old Pullets. My cockerel is the bigger bird.I raised him from a day old chick. He is from Greenfire hatchery. The smaller birds came from a breeder in Kanas via USPS. They where supposed to be express overnight. It took 4 days to get to my house…poor babies. I am sure they are not 4 month old and pretty sure at least one is a little cockerels

Attachments

• BA073245-5B13-4A7A-B442-23F32B3216DD.jpeg
    BA073245-5B13-4A7A-B442-23F32B3216DD.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 4F201034-1E6E-4341-A0EC-4C4624FD6A17.jpeg
    4F201034-1E6E-4341-A0EC-4C4624FD6A17.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 45
Beautiful chickens. I am not familiar with this breed, so no Idea on genders. Your cockerel looks very similar in color patterns, but does have a distinct tail feathers arrangement.
Not sure how far was their journey from Kansas, but many peeps choose not to ship live birds during HOT CONDITIONS. Count your blessings that yours arrived alive and well after their 4 day travel:hugs
Shipping day old chicks via USPS is considerably different from shipping grown chickens.
You must have breeding plans with these, so an extra rooster should come in handy,,,:thumbsup

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

Beautiful chickens. I am not familiar with this breed, so no Idea on genders. Your cockerel looks very similar in color patterns, but does have a distinct tail feathers arrangement.
Not sure how far was their journey from Kansas, but many peeps choose not to ship live birds during HOT CONDITIONS. Count your blessings that yours arrived alive and well after their 4 day travel:hugs
Shipping day old chicks via USPS is considerably different from shipping grown chickens.
You must have breeding plans with these, so an extra rooster should come in handy,,,:thumbsup

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:
I already have 2 cockerels. That is why I ordered 16 week old Pullets. So the that would be easily sexed. These are clearly not 16. To compare my greenfire cockerel in the pic is only 3 months old .

Yes they are gold death layers. This has been a horrible week. I do regret trying to ship them. They where supposed to be expressed overnight. The postal service lost them in them . They took 4 days to get to my house and I had to take the week off work to wait for them. . I am surprised that that are alive.

Yes they are gold death layers. This has been a horrible week. I do regret trying to ship them. They where supposed to be expressed overnight. The postal service lost them in them . They took 4 days to get to my house and I had to take the week off work to wait for them. . I am surprised that that are alive.
That's awful, for you and them. You'd think the postal service would be more careful with living things. Waiting four days at home must have been very frustrating! I hope they are at least pullets, like you ordered.

That's awful, for you and them. You'd think the postal service would be more careful with living things. Waiting four days at home must have been very frustrating! I hope they are at least pullets, like you ordered.
No

No , they are not old enough to sell as Pullets. They where supposed to be 4 months old. They looks to be 10 weeks. One looks to be developing like a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom