Supposed to be a Barred Plymouth Rock

I wonder if they know what happened! I’m interested to know what she was crossed with.
I'm interested in knowing too. These funky BR chicks started popping up everywhere here this spring. So far, all of them have been pullets too I believe. Which is even more strange.

I wonder if they know what happened! I’m interested to know what she was crossed with.
I'm interested in knowing too. These funky BR chicks started popping up everywhere here this spring. So far, all of them have been pullets too I believe. Which is even more strange.
My theory is that they’re a cross of the same two breeds as black sex links, except reversed. Instead of barred rock hen x RIR rooster, it would be barred rock rooster x RIR hen. Like red sex links versus amberlinks (amberlinks have the same breeds as RSLs in them, except the parents are reversed so the cross isn’t sex linked).
This would make hens that are basically barred black sex links, usually with the silver gene.

My theory is that they’re a cross of the same two breeds as black sex links, except reversed. Instead of barred rock hen x RIR rooster, it would be barred rock rooster x RIR hen. Like red sex links versus amberlinks (amberlinks have the same breeds as RSLs in them, except the parents are reversed so the cross isn’t sex linked).
This would make hens that are basically barred black sex links, usually with the silver gene.
That's a good theory. Why would they sell them as BR though? Unless it was an oops.

Back
Top Bottom