SUPPOSED to be a blue laced wyandotte that is from TSC...what do you think?

Sunflowergirl

Songster
8 Years
Feb 16, 2012
Quitman, Texas
Here is Blue, an 8-week old TSC chick. I understand Blue Laced Wyandottes are made by crossing with a Andalusian. So... Blue has a LOT of Andalusian qualities, like blue legs, that cone shaped tail, slender body. BUT she (I am thinking its a SHE) had the rose comb. WHAT is she???
hu.gif
Is her color pattern like a black Andalusian or a Wyandotte? Can you tell what color of eggs she will lay? Thanks so much in advance for ANY input!!!
smile.png

Thank you for your input Peeka!!! Hamburg is a very interesting suggestion! I looked at the Hamburgs in the Breeds section and she does look a lot like the adolescent one at the bottom!
Any one else think this is a Hamburg? Or something else?

Oh and she will lay white eggs. They are great layers! I have a polish mixed with a Silver Spangled Hamburg and she is a wonderful layer! Definitely didn't get that from her polish half :p

How is her temperament? They are usually on the flighty side. They are the best for escaping predators, and do well with foraging. My girl is the best flier - and eats very little for the amount of eggs she produces. :) Great breed, and very beautiful too.

Oh boy! Is she EVER FLIGHTY!!! And, she was NOT happy being photographed!!!
tongue.png
Silly girl!
How is her temperament? They are usually on the flighty side. They are the best for escaping predators, and do well with foraging. My girl is the best flier - and eats very little for the amount of eggs she produces.
smile.png
Great breed, and very beautiful too.

Back
Top Bottom