Supposed to be a Red Sex Link rooster, but not sure.

old mama hen

Chirping
12 Years
Mar 14, 2012
We ordered some Red Sex Link chicks the end of November. They were all supposed to be pullets, but one is a rooster. We couldn't be happier. After checking pictures we don't believe that he is a Red Sex Link or Red Star, but could be wrong. He is 15 weeks old today. Any ideas? Sorry, the picture keeps rotating sideways

The OP's rooster is not rumpless. It is a bad angle, but if you look closely you can see he does have a tail, or at least the bone structure. I would like to see a picture of his comb close-up and maybe from the side. Araucana are really rare and I'm 99.9999% positive that there is absolutely no way the would be mistaken for a red sex link.

And OP, lemme tell ya, I have never ever figured out how to get the forum to stop messing up my pictures and turning them sideways! Pretty rooster - more pictures will help :)

Last edited:
Will see what I can do and yes he does have a tail. I also checked the hatchery where we got the chicks and they don't have the aracunas so that's ruled out.

A red sex link roo will be mostly white, with red patches on the shoulders. He's a roo, all right, but not rsl. What hatchery did he come from?

Our son-in-law has an rsl roo and it is white and has the patches. The hatchery is Stromberg's. We are really happy with them. We ordered 25 and received 27 all were in wonderful condition and are thriving. I had sent the picture to them asking their opinion and they believe it's a Buff Cornish and after looking at a couple of pictures I believe it could be. Not sure how it happened, but it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom