Supposed to be Pullets

Well - BR pullets have mixed color legs and their feathering is black with white bars. BR roosters have yellow legs without any coloring and they are mostly white with black barring. BR chicks born all black or a small patch of black on the top of their heads are pullets, BR roosters have a lot of white all over them and a big white star on their heads.

From what I'm seeing with the head shots and part body only are all pullets.

Look at this link - http://www.helmsteadstables.com/BRRoo3.07.2.jpg - this is a roo.

Thanks to all for the quick answers. No eggs from them yet only eggs from my 2 reds.

Just can't be sure
idunno.gif

Quote:
I agree! Mine have been crowing for over a month now. They are 16 weeks old. Your #4 looks like a female to me, but as this is my first time to raise chickens, I couldn't be sure. I just know that the girls have smaller combs and they aren't as bright unless they are laying eggs.

Good luck!!!

Quote:
Ditto. Compare their colors. IF they all look very closely the same in regards to the black barring, they are probably pullets. I have 19 week old BR hens like yours and they have varying combs/redness, etc.
This is a roo at 18ish weeks:
94276_chick_004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom