SUPRISE chicks

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cluck-addict, Jun 16, 2010.

1. cluck-addict

cluck-addict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    MN
    I came home today and saw a few little birds following a chicken around. I don't count my birds everynight! I thought maybe some song birds were mingling with my hens. Upon closer inspection we now have 3 little chicks running around the yard. I can't WAIT to see how they turn out.

2. Tiss

Tiss Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Georgia
    Oh my! A stealth broody!!! [​IMG]

3. n2thestorm5032

n2thestorm5032 Chillin' With My Peeps

lol congratulations [​IMG] ! I love it when you get suprise babies! I had hamsters, who had suprise babies! that turned out to be a big mess! and then fish that layed suprise eggs in our fish take! They grew to big for the tank.... these animals with always keep us on our toys! Who know what they will do next! [​IMG]

4. cluck-addict

cluck-addict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    MN
    She is such a good mama. THey must have hatched a day or two ago already! She is taking them all around the yard already. One white( I have no white chickens), one yellow and one black with a white fluffy butt. Mama may be a cuckoo.
    Trouble is, I thought the hens molting/broody was the reason I wasn't getting many eggs. THey are laying just fine.... in their secret spot. There were 26 eggs in her nest. one dead chick.
    I should have taken a picture!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by