Sure could use some good thoughts aimed this way

dewey

Songster
9 Years
Nov 9, 2010
north of eternity
There's been a lot going on for a while now, and today and tonight. My one sis is doing some better now, but my other sis was supposed to have heart surgery today. She was in the hospital all day today prepped but good news when they did the camera it turned out that open heart surgery was not needed. She was in recovery for several hours then released home to rest.

Just after she was brought home, just down the road was a big blast and a major transformer blew and knocked out the electricity over a very large area, including both my sister's places and my place. Her son (in from out of state for her surgery) packed her up to recover for the night in a hotel with electricity.

In the meantime, some of my other family (including my S.O.) were rushing to leave tonight for another state for the funeral of their close family friend that passed away here a few days ago and was transported home. They are the pallbearers and they are driving, all riding together.

Just before they were to arrive here to leave for out of state is when the electricity went out (it's back on now). And there's too many households for me to take care of alone, so S.O. discussed not going to the funeral (will be gone 3 days for the turn around trip) in case things got worse around here. Just when you think they can't get any worse, as he and I were rushing around checking on the places and everyone in the pitch dark, my daughter called on her way to the ER. She's there now and probably will be all night. ER docs gave her pain meds and we're waiting to hear word back on a CT scan.

fl.gif

Just remember that times like this will pass. Afterwords you will marvel at how resilient you really are. Still it's good to share your worries, and let us help support as best we can.
hugs.gif

Thanks so very much. Your guys' family support here at byc is wonderful and sure means a lot.
hugs.gif
My daughter's home now (CT scan didn't show any changes). She had a rough night. By the time I kissed her good night she was beyond worn out. I appreciate being able to come here for company. Thank you.
hugs.gif

Thanks so much.
smile.png

Something that's fantastic but odd is that my sister's initial tests showed 100% blockage on one side and partial blockage on the other. They were expecting to either do stints or more likely, as they told her to expect, open heart surgery. But when the went in they found nothing...no blockages, nothing, and she feels good for the first time in I can't even remember when, and her blood pressure is down to normal with meds and all her swelling is gone.
hu.gif
We're all very thankful but at a loss for what happened. It was like the pre-procedure alone cured her.

eta also...I've had 30 minutes sleep in 3 days and still can't go to sleep, lol.

Last edited:
Thanks so much.
smile.png

Something that's fantastic but odd is that my sister's initial tests showed 100% blockage on one side and partial blockage on the other. They were expecting to either do stints or more likely, as they told her to expect, open heart surgery. But when the went in they found nothing...no blockages, nothing, and she feels good for the first time in I can't even remember when, and her blood pressure is down to normal with meds and all her swelling is gone.
hu.gif
We're all very thankful but at a loss for what happened. It was like the pre-procedure alone cured her.

eta also...I've had 30 minutes sleep in 3 days and still can't go to sleep, lol.
That's good news. Glad your sister is better. Hope you are getting some sleep.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom