What is this!? I thought it was fowl pox but im not sure as its getting worse

Ambernay

In the Brooder
May 15, 2023
Can someone please help me to figure out what's going on with my girl? She's had these growths for about 2 weeks now. I thought they were fowl pox, so I was letting it run its course. However, the one on top of her beak keeps getting bigger. There's one on the right side of her nostril that seems to get bigger by the day, and the one on her wattle now has a hole in it. This morning I went out to check her and she now has a pinkish red one on the other side completely covering her nostril. What is going on. How can I help her? Is there a cure or anything I caN do for her?

Attachments

• 20231213_092630.jpg
    20231213_092630.jpg
    603.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20231213_092619.jpg
    20231213_092619.jpg
    623.9 KB · Views: 13
I do think that could be fowl pox. What is your general location? Are mosquitoes out now? If it is fowl pox, you will probably see more scabs on other chickens. There is no treatment for the virus, but most chickens recover in a few weeks. Try to not disturb the scabs, since that can spread the virus. If any seem extremely ill, look for any wet pox yellow plaques inside the beak and throat. Make sure they are eating and drinking.

I do think that could be fowl pox. What is your general location? Are mosquitoes out now? If it is fowl pox, you will probably see more scabs on other chickens. There is no treatment for the virus, but most chickens recover in a few weeks. Try to not disturb the scabs, since that can spread the virus. If any seem extremely ill, look for any wet pox yellow plaques inside the beak and throat. Make sure they are eating and drinking.
I live inbsputh texas where the mosquitoes are the size if a quarter. I spray all the time after it rains but they still come out. She's still eating and drinking. Indid notice a small whites thing onnthebside of her beak in her mouth.... that's the bad kind then, right?

I live inbsputh texas where the mosquitoes are the size if a quarter. I spray all the time after it rains but they still come out. She's still eating and drinking. Indid notice a small whites thing onnthebside of her beak in her mouth.... that's the bad kind then, right?
Can you get photos of the inside of her beak?
Oh and few more of the lesions, especially the one on the top of her beak it is interesting, what does it feel like?

Having lesions inside the beak can be wet form of Fowl Pox, do you notice a bad odor?
1702616979510.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom