SurferCowbayHippyPunk from California

CBinSantaCruz

Chirping
Mar 19, 2013
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Hi,

My name is Chris Brown. (Why should I change my name he is the one that sucks. (That's an Office Space reference)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

This is my first attempt at raising chicken on my own. My parents had chickens and the chicken chores fell to the children. We fed, gathered the eggs and slaughtered them but our parents were there to help. Now I have moved away to a sub urban environment and have no one to ask for assistance. So I guess you all are going to fill that niche. If you could also send me money every once in a while like my actual parents do I would be even more endeared to you. (That's a joke. My parents don't send me money but I wish they did.)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Twenty-Five I ordered 25 chicks from eFowl and they should be here today or tomorrow. I ordered day old un-sexed, a mix of breeds. In theory I should have 12-13 roosters I will need to eat.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Leghorn, Rhode Island Red, Plymouth Rock Hens.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Google

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Surfing, hiking, biking, 4x4, hunting, fishing. Astronomy. Geology. Building robots.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a computer tech living in the Santa Cruz Mountains and I have a wife and two children who need to learn where food comes from. I have two dogs and too many cats. I would like to raise quail eventually. No one around here is raising them and I find quail eggs to be the best eggs I have ever tasted. More work obviously but worth it. I gather mushrooms in the fall, fish year round and maintain and decent sized garden where I grow mostly root crops in the spring and fall and specialize in hierloom tomatoes in the summer. I'm a huge baseball fan and plan my family vacations around it.This year we have a trip to NYC planned for September which will be my first time there.

Greetings from Kansas, CB, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you here! Welcome as well to the world of chickens - lots to learn on BYC! Love the Office Space reference!! And the idea of getting chickens..."That would be great!"
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom