I got a mystery box too, from Alchemist this year. Mine are 7 weeks old now. I'm pretty sure I have two azure eggers and two sage eggers. I can only tell who is who when they are all together. Then I can tell two are more silver grey in the neck and chest (azure eggers) and two are more red/brown in the neck chest. All four have hair-dos! But the azure eggers have bigger dos than the sages.

I'd love to know more about and see more pics of Alchemist Ameraucanas and gentle giants. I have one chick with a muff and at 7 weeks her eyes are still dark almost black. DO any other Alchemist breeds have muffs?

My Marans rooster from them is sweet. But he doesn't really have feathered legs.

Edited to add pic of my Alchesmist hens' eggs (azure, sage and welsummer). I did change the colors of the image, to try to get the egg colors to come out more true.
Hi, I am wondering, when did your Azure Eggers start laying? I have 2 from Alchemist that hatched on May 7 and they still haven't started laying. They are about 27 weeks now, and the Isbar pullet they came with has been laying for weeks. ty

I think alchemist farm actually create there own versions of Easter Eggers and there using heritage breeds to create them. So laying time will co-inside with when heritage lays. Which is ranging from 30 to 40 weeks. I came to that conclusion when I was reading there bio on there site.

I think alchemist farm actually create there own versions of Easter Eggers and there using heritage breeds to create them. So laying time will co-inside with when heritage lays. Which is ranging from 30 to 40 weeks. I came to that conclusion when I was reading there bio on there site.
Ya, their site says the azure eggers mature at 22 weeks. They r primarily cream legbars, also welsummer. Both those lay at 5-6 months I think. BUT, specific lines may vary. I think I saw one of them looking around maybe for a laying spot today. Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom