surprise chicks

lil lulu

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2016
They thought they were hatching guineas but ended up with some chicks in the mix. I ended up with all of them including the 3 chicks. One I am fairly certain is a black maran (not sure on that spelling) because I am familiar with the flock they came from. One of them I am told may be an araucana and we have no clue on the other. Does anyone have any guesses on what I have?

Last edited:
Idk if you can see it but this is the one we think is araucana because she has little puffs on the side of her head.

This is our big mystery. It looks a lot like my speckled sussex chicks did but he doesn't have any of them.

I'll be the first to say I'm not that good at telling when they are that young...but the second set of pictures looks just like our EE's did when they were that tiny.

Pretty chicks you acquired!

I'm excited! I wasn't planningon keeping them but they are too pretty. I'm just going to have to place the guineas somewhere else. I wasn't sure if I wanted to mix them or not in the coop and that just gave me my answer.

He has black maran, araucana, easter eggers, silver laced wyandotte, orpington, barred plymouth rock, and 1 or 2 more that I can't think of. I have no clue what kind of roosters he has.

Back
Top Bottom