Surprise fertil eggs as gift so made a quick incubator.

Chick is out this morning. I don’t think I hear any other chirping in the other eggs and no cracks. One egg went bad for sure so we have 15 left. So far 1/15. I am no longer turning the eggs and upped the humidity and is steady between 75%-80%. Anyone care to guess on hatch rate?

3F03811D-4B08-45DD-A2A5-00412545A041.jpeg

Chick number 2 is hatching tonight with sister watching over her. And it is in the Cone Head egg! I was curious about that egg because it was the only one of that shape.

E45CD4A4-DEBC-4CFE-AE79-E98D76E6B6BE.jpeg

Congrats!!

Torpedo egg...they can be problematic for chick turning to proper pip position,
mine usually pip at side or wrong end.

Might want to take carton out, could interfere with zipping/hatching.

Congrats!!

Torpedo egg...they can be problematic for chick turning to proper pip position,
mine usually pip at side or wrong end.

Might want to take carton out, could interfere with zipping/hatching.

That’s funny. I checked the eggs and only noticed that the torpedo egg was hatching because I turned it over. She was upside down so I turned her over.

One chick in the brooder now. 24 hours passed and other chick was not out of the bullet egg. Her neck and head seemed to be at an odd angle. I peeled the egg off and set her gently in one of the egg crate compartments. She seems as lively as any wobbly baby chick.

E4E63A26-2F3F-48C5-A79D-CBDA33A005EB.jpeg

Ok so chick number 3 had something wrong with her. Looked like her belly was under developed some how. She did not make it. The rest of the eggs are 26-28 days in the incubator. Think it is safe to say there is no more hatch potential? If so I have two very healthy nice looking chicks.

Back
Top Bottom