Surprise nest

So a Mallard derived duck crossed to Muscovy creates mules? I've heard this before but never really put a lot of thought into it. I've always found it really interesting that the two species are even able to reproduce šŸ˜ƒ I want Muscovy someday. They're such beautiful birds.
Your Pekins are gorgeous!!! I also have a Pekin pair and my poor little girl has really had a lot of problems. First her foot/ankle and now constant egg shell problems, like her shelling gland has stopped working. I absolutely adore Pekin and honestly they're one of my favorites, but I doubt I add more to my flock because my sweet girl has had such a rough go. Have you noticed any issues with your Pekins? I can't wait to see these babies feathered šŸ˜

So a Mallard derived duck crossed to Muscovy creates mules? I've heard this before but never really put a lot of thought into it. I've always found it really interesting that the two species are even able to reproduce šŸ˜ƒ I want Muscovy someday. They're such beautiful birds.
Your Pekins are gorgeous!!! I also have a Pekin pair and my poor little girl has really had a lot of problems. First her foot/ankle and now constant egg shell problems, like her shelling gland has stopped working. I absolutely adore Pekin and honestly they're one of my favorites, but I doubt I add more to my flock because my sweet girl has had such a rough go. Have you noticed any issues with your Pekins? I can't wait to see these babies feathered šŸ˜
Thank you! And me too! I love how many colors and crazy genetics come out of breeding them together. This is my first time with mules/hinnies so I'm super interested!

And not to jinx anything, but I've actually never had any of the major problems people talk about with Pekins. I used to raise them for many years. I've always had them live to be 8-9, no leg/foot issues/etc. Hoping I have the same luck with these guys!

Went about cleaning up the pen and adding fresh hay, ending up sitting outside in the coop watching ducks for 2 hours šŸ¤£.

These guys are so entertaining to watch. They're already so bold and smart, even only being a few days old! They're using the ramp, eating, drinking and running about on their own (with mom supervision, of course).
They even ran up to check me out a few times!

Itā€™s so sweet the way she interacts with them and how fast they pick things up. Defiantly nice to brood and be able to interact with ducklings but there is just something so special about watching mama and duckling or mama hen and chicks. Love both.

ā™„ļøšŸ¦†

Attachments

• IMG_20220505_123246.jpg
    IMG_20220505_123246.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220505_123249.jpg
    IMG_20220505_123249.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom