Surprise velociraptor day

The extra barred ones could possible be male sexlinks, put in the box as packing peanuts to keep their buddies warn maybe?
Then i wouldnt have gotten the 6 females i paid for... they threw in 1 extra (also an apparent BR). I ordered 3 buffs, 2 br, and 6 assorted rainbow.

What we got:
3 buffs
2 br (plus 3 assumed br)
1 leghorn (assuming)
1 possible black maran/cochin
2 chipmunk colored

I like br and all but sheesh i didnt want 5 of them

Yup, thats the link i used... i ordered 6, i agree youre right i just anticipated (perhaps wrongly) that they wouldnt throw in even more of what i already ordered. Hoping the puffy cheek ones are Easter eggers and maybe the 5-pack wont all be BR. Ive done surprise boxes from other websites before and was always so pleased, based on their awesome reviews i expected this to be the same... just bummed. We ordered 11, we didnt anticipate having more chickens then that so they could be raised together as a flock so we dont have room to add a few fancier ones we had hoped for

Aww I’m sorry. That really stinks. :(

Maybe you could email them or something? If it really is a ton of one kind or less than 5, which they guarantee it will be, maybe you could get some replacements or your money back or something? Obviously won’t help with the variety issue but at least you wouldn’t be paying for it.

Maybe they assumed because you did order them that you were okay with that breed/liked them? Probably shouldn’t have but sometimes they do do that, give you something similar to what you order. They’ve done with the free chick I’ve gotten from them. But they shouldn’t have given you 5 of one thing. :/

But it is possible they just had a ton extra of one breed this week. :(

Aww I’m sorry. That really stinks. :(

Maybe you could email them or something? If it really is a ton of one kind or less than 5, which they guarantee it will be, maybe you could get some replacements or your money back or something? Obviously won’t help with the variety issue but at least you wouldn’t be paying for it.

Maybe they assumed because you did order them that you were okay with that breed/liked them? Probably shouldn’t have but sometimes they do do that, give you something similar to what you order. They’ve done with the free chick I’ve gotten from them. But they shouldn’t have given you 5 of one thing. :/

But it is possible they just had a ton extra of one breed this week. :(

I did email them before posting about it and before leaving a review on their website. I was hoping for a better resolution.... They stated theyre not BR but rather "barred rock, dominique, Black Jersey Giant, Black Australorp" based on the photos i provided (same ones posted here) Black jersey giants and dominiques were not available however for that shipping date as i wrote down all possible breeds for Jan 6 to help limit the possible combos for my assortment... even if they were, those breeds are all primarily black or look exactly like barred rock (still not a rainbow assortment) i didnt request money back, wouldve happily taken replacement birds but that wasnt offered either. They stated i was wrong, they are not all BR and that was the end of it. I subsequently cancelled my 3 pack of embden gosling order that was set for March and left a review. ‍im never one to complain but i am very disappointed and was looking forward to this shipment since before Christmas...

I did email them before posting about it and before leaving a review on their website. I was hoping for a better resolution.... They stated theyre not BR but rather "barred rock, dominique, Black Jersey Giant, Black Australorp" based on the photos i provided (same ones posted here) Black jersey giants and dominiques were not available however for that shipping date as i wrote down all possible breeds for Jan 6 to help limit the possible combos for my assortment... even if they were, those breeds are all primarily black or look exactly like barred rock (still not a rainbow assortment) i didnt request money back, wouldve happily taken replacement birds but that wasnt offered either. They stated i was wrong, they are not all BR and that was the end of it. I subsequently cancelled my 3 pack of embden gosling order that was set for March and left a review. ‍im never one to complain but i am very disappointed and was looking forward to this shipment since before Christmas...

Aw I’m sorry they were so weird about it. :( seems like even if they were different breeds (which they don’t look like it), they still should have offered you a replacement or money back or something if you weren’t satisfied. :/

I don’t think that Australorps and JG have headspots either so unlikely to be them... could possibly be Dominique I suppose but they have a completely different comb type so I guess you’ll have to wait and see what they turn into.

And sometimes they say unavailable but leave a certain amount for the assortments I think but idk.

Hopefully they’ll grow up to be more of a variety than it looks like now though. :fl

I do wonder if you would have had more of an assortment if you’d ordered more rainbows instead of specific breeds? Although it seems like they should always give an assortment so idk.

I’ve always had great luck with them but sorry you didn’t. :(

Although I probably would have waited till they were older to be sure of what I had or didn’t have before reviewing but I totally get it. They all seem to have a headspot so either way, whether BR or not, they will definitely be barred and probably look similar. :(

Im sorry. :(

I appreciate your input and feedback. Their feathers, feet, headspot, etc are all nearly identical so im with you in thinking theyre are BR, sorry this turned into a little bit of a whiny post surely wasnt my intent. Yes I shouldve had more assortment chicks or specifically ordered a variety myself lol.. too bad im super close to my max. I guess i should just let it go and pray theyre all girls lol my luck theyd send super cool MALE replacements

I appreciate your input and feedback. Their feathers, feet, headspot, etc are all nearly identical so im with you in thinking theyre are BR, sorry this turned into a little bit of a whiny post surely wasnt my intent. Yes I shouldve had more assortment chicks or specifically ordered a variety myself lol.. too bad im super close to my max. I guess i should just let it go and pray theyre all girls lol my luck theyd send super cool MALE replacements

Nah, I didn’t think it was whiny! You expected a variety and don’t seem to have gotten it. :( totally understandable!!

That said, they’ve always been good about giving females for me, even the free chick. :)

Theyre a week old... still fairly certain i have 5 barred rocks..

Attachments

• 20200113_130016.jpg
    20200113_130016.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200113_130254.jpg
    20200113_130254.jpg
    685 KB · Views: 8
And my "packing peanut" /meyer meal maker for todays delivery is likely another barred rock as it looks exactly like the other ones when it was delivered 😂 yes both deliveries from same hatchery. This box was more fun! Cream legbars, olive egger, ees, and an astra white
20200115_155749.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom