Surprise

QueenMermaid

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2023
I went to tractor supply to buy a couple of Peking ducks my neighbor wanted one and you can only get them in pairs so we where going to gift them with one and i would have bought atleast 3 for myself. Well they didn’t have any and I walked out with 8 leghorn chicks instead 😂. After my husband got home from work he looked at me like I was crazy. We already have 3 Ayam Cemani. I’ve never had chicks this small before so I’m excited to raise them.

Attachments

• BC9718D4-5AC1-47F5-98D6-14BB729A9E2E.jpeg
    BC9718D4-5AC1-47F5-98D6-14BB729A9E2E.jpeg
    472.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 7D28354A-73F8-4DBE-8043-B7118ABAA8EA.jpeg
    7D28354A-73F8-4DBE-8043-B7118ABAA8EA.jpeg
    437 KB · Views: 2
It happens every time :th. They’re so cute! And about your neighbor, unless they already have other ducks I wouldn’t recommend getting them just one, as they are sold in pairs for a reason. A single duckling would become depressed by itself and would be very lonely as ducks are social animals. If you do end up getting your neighbor Pekins I’d recommend at least 2-3 (in case one dies so the other won’t be alone).

It happens every time :th. They’re so cute! And about your neighbor, unless they already have other ducks I wouldn’t recommend getting them just one, as they are sold in pairs for a reason. A single duckling would become depressed by itself and would be very lonely as ducks are social animals. If you do end up getting your neighbor Pekins I’d recommend at least 2-3 (in case one dies so the other won’t be alone).
They do she hasn’t had a Peking in a long time and really wanted another. She has a few other kids of ducks.

Chicken math got us too. We said: we only will have 6. Well we have stocked up to 9 layers and a roo with 5 babies (4 ladies and another young cockerel). We do have more baby chickens coming in August (16 of 3 different breeds). We plan to sell some of the August batch.

We started raising 1 day old chicks. Good we decided to that.

Chicken math got us too. We said: we only will have 6. Well we have stocked up to 9 layers and a roo with 5 babies (4 ladies and another young cockerel). We do have more baby chickens coming in August (16 of 3 different breeds). We plan to sell some of the August batch.

We started raising 1 day old chicks. Good we decided to that.
Lol I think quail math is worse. We said 6 quail is enough we now have 23 lol.

Back
Top Bottom