Survived Night 1 in coop!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SunChick, May 2, 2007.

1. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    I booted the feathered previously fuzzy butts to the coop yesterday. Needless to say I spent lots of time making sure they were comfortable. It was like a kiddie playground once they got the hang of it. My big girls which are separated were absolutely apalled by the invasion of 15 peeping chicks. I swear they were clucking about noisy children being good B.C. They were peeping a lot at night, I had visions of predators stalking my coop because they were so noisy! I could hear them almost to my house which is a considerable distance away. My T-rex is in with the babies so that my other hens aren't laying in her box...she hoards their eggs! None of the chicks have ventured too close to her so I hope they will be ok. I figured she would offer some type of protection. All 15 were popping around like popcorn this morning so Mr. Rat didn't have a chickie snack last night. I just got my trap as well so I will be putting that in the big girls side as I am afraid my chicks can fit into the trap. Don't want them zapped! Hopefully night 2 will be equally uneventful!

2. Forest_Nymph

Forest_Nymph Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Maine
    Awwwww! Separation anxiety!!!
    Just a little stress for them at first,...they'll settle in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by