Surviving Minnesota!

Whew! finally got through reading the last couple of days, man!

Anywhoo, Ralphie how is Judy doing tonight? I hope she found some answers at the ER. Ivie, sorry for your loss :( I had one die pretty young like that, no good. Kloppers, nice trailer. Also, 2 of my hens are running around looking like pin cushions as well. I hope the others start soon, those January molts are terrible, rather have them now. Layers, sorry about your grandpas horse :( your hutch looks good!

All your guys' or Yous guys' (if you are up nort) photos are wonderful, cows, birds, nice! (especially since mine look so terrible right now!)

Just got done with my VB game. Our libero was off her game missed 1/2 the balls... I got 3/5 of the kills in the game. My friend got the other 2. We lost as you can probably tell
1f602.png

My daughter's team lost tonight, but they played pretty well. Their next game is on Monday. But there is a lot going with homecoming this week so it is pretty nuts around here. Then add in hatching babies and the realization that I did actually really in reality apply for Grad school last week! I think I am trying to put myself in an early grave or just make my hair gray even faster!

For all of you going to hutch. If you see any good LF Blue, black or splash Cochins could you get a number or email of them for me? Just looking for next spring
Two people to check with:
Rick Klehr Prior Lake, MN
Lance Ewert, also in MN but I forget the town. He sells on the Mn poultry people page on Facebook when he has them.

Back.

I had to make my coffee and breakfast before I returned to actually post....There is an early bird or two here I wanted to beat.

Judy is holding her own. She had a rough night again. I feel so sorry for her. She is one sick girl again.

Momplus Nice little babies.

Cluckies good to see you back. I hope everything is calming down. How are your pet skunks doing?

I must be getting old I have forgotten what else I was going to comment on.

I had my stupid Creamette pullet bite a rotating drill bit last night. How dumb can they be? It is kind of my fault, I have those black rubber feeders/waterers I hang on the side of their cages. They are a double bowl thing. I have put water in one side and feed in the other. I have found they are too close together and water mixes with the feed, making a mess. I split the bowls apart and was drilling a hole in the back to hang them again. I think it will work great and at 4 bucks a feeder, the price can't be beat.

I was holding the Creamette. She was the last one to get the new split feeder. I had held each bird while I cut and drilled the holes. On her feeder the drill would not come out so I lifted the bowl to hold the edge of it in the same hand/arm I was holding her. The bit was barely turning but, this meek mild little girl reached out and bit the bit! I did not see any damage and there was no blood, but she was shaking her beak and I could see it bothered her. Hopefully just a little ouchie and she will be fine.

My PC cockerels have decided to be molters. They are finishing their molt but they have a ton of feathers on their hackles and back of the neck that are not fully open. I hope they come in before the show.

My Dom Pullet that laid 3 eggs has not laid one in a few days. I think I might have upset her emotionally when I put her in the cage. Hopefully she will start again before the show. She is taming down some. She no longer wants to take my hand off when I stick it in the cage.

I am headed out in jut a few minutes having lost the last few days I am 2 weeks behind on my work, so I need to put in some longer days.

Take care all. As soon as the coffee and oatmeal is gone, so am I.

We are up to 9 babies! Just one still working at it. That will make 10/11 fertilized eggs to hatch as long as all goes well. I slipped some food and water in before I left for work. Just wanted to update everyone. Now onto 17 3-4 years olds for the day.

Back
Top Bottom