Surviving Minnesota!

Got all excited for a day of freedom then remembered that both Elementary and High School Christmas Concerts were rescheduled for today
1f610.png

Good Morning, What a disappointing day!

Sorry to read about Zeus, You can call me anytime. Holm. If I can't talk I will tell you or not answer. But know I have not been carrying my phone with me outside much. It just gets in my way when I am working.

I woke up late, we watched a movie on Amazon last night. "Merry Fricking Christmas" It had Robin Williams in it. Must have been one of his last movies. It is dark humor but we laughed at most of it.

When I woke up it was light fluffy snow coming down. My heart leaped for joy knowing it cannot snow like that and be cold outside. Guess that is another myth busted. All the things I believed in are being shattered.

I had some relaxing coffee with Judy today. I have to get going though or I will find more cracked eggs. I really dislike the cold. On the good side I get to plow snow. I like plowing fluffy snow.

I have to let the turkeys out soon, Beings Judy is home I get to watch another battle for the deck today. It is my favorite thing to watch. Sometimes I feel like I might be prolonging the fight when I feed the turkeys on the deck while she is at work...

It warmed up here over night. It was 13 degrees when I first checked this morning, and it dig not get to double digits at all here yesterday.
It is snowing here now and is the light fluffy stuff.
Wolves and coyotes are a usual sighting here. Deer and rabbits are now rare visitors.
Did I say that I love Ravens? Since they have moved in my pigeons and chickens are not subject to daily hawk attacks.

Sorry to read of the demise of Zeus, but it happens when you are keeping livestock. Hope you have a replacement.

It warmed up here over night. It was 13 degrees when I first checked this morning, and it dig not get to double digits at all here yesterday.
It is snowing here now and is the light fluffy stuff.
Wolves and coyotes are a usual sighting here. Deer and rabbits are now rare visitors.
Did I say that I love Ravens? Since they have moved in my pigeons and chickens are not subject to daily hawk attacks.

Sorry to read of the demise of Zeus, but it happens when you are keeping livestock. Hope you have a replacement.

I wish I could make a permanent colony of crows and raven here. When they are in the trees around here I have no predator problems. I would gladly pay them for their services.

Morning all! Slept in this AM and just got in from plowing. id say we got a fluffy 8+ inches last night. its still kind of coming down but probably wont amount to much.

My little plow truck was struggling, definitly need to keep up my search for a new one. Ive gone to look at 4 trucks now and walked away from all of them. just utter junk... supposed to look at one to day but the guy sold it out from under me. the struggle is real!

shoveled some paths for the flock but they are being wienies. @duluthralphie i know your pain on frozen eggs but im happy to say my new shed stays plenty warm. water pan still hasnt even gotten frosty yet!

Back
Top Bottom