Surviving Minnesota!

I actually wish I could have guineas, but after a few years of them being creamed on the highway and the family complaining about roadkill guinea for supper again, I finally gave up on them. I am about 200 ft from the road and the guinea coop was 300ft or so, they wondered a good 1/4 mile from home.

If I get Rocky Mountain Fever or Lymes (again) I am going to Duluth to bite EJB on the ankle!:he

Back in town for another appointment . Yes I go to Longville . He is only here on Tuesday and Thursday . 2 more weeks on this trip . BC Monday is hatch day . I hope something hatches . So a rainy day off today . I probably needed a rest . Steady improvement on the aches and pains . I think my garden is a flop . Squash and cucumber are runts . Tomatoes are slow . Not sure if any will ripen . I need to learn tundra gardening . I think lack of heat units compared to home .

My birds are about 1/2 a mile from the nearest road... That is why the state vet liked my Biosecurity program:lau They said they weren't even going to ask since we are so far from the road

My birds are about 1/2 a mile from the nearest road... That is why the state vet liked my Biosecurity program:lau They said they weren't even going to ask since we are so far from the road
1/2 mile from the nearest road? I'm moving in, despite the temperatures reminiscent of Florida y'all down there endure.

We can leave @Wickedchicken6 out of that thread, she keeps them and has evidently been brainwashed into enjoying them.
Owwwww....my ears were burning.
(I wonder why....hmmmm?)
Guineas!!!:love :wee
The coop my guineas reside in is about 70 feet from a main gravel road. They do go out on the road sometimes...I hear the vehicles slow down and then speed back up...lol. I try to run them down (only sort of) to scare them off the road. They're catching on ever-so-slowly. I can also call them off the road by clapping if they're within earshot...they know clapping means tossed eggs...lol.
Hug a guinea.:love

I actually wish I could have guineas, but after a few years of them being creamed on the highway and the family complaining about roadkill guinea for supper again, I finally gave up on them. I am about 200 ft from the road and the guinea coop was 300ft or so, they wondered a good 1/4 mile from home.

If I get Rocky Mountain Fever or Lymes (again) I am going to Duluth to bite EJB on the ankle!:he
I knew I liked you!

I haven't been in the MN thread for a while (gone, dux hatching etc.) so if there is anything I missed let me know! Holms, I will most likely be there for some of my static projects but we shall see about poultry...

Good 1.7" of rain today. Not as much done on the coop as I'd like. Framed the roof in the rain. I'm sure the neighbors think I've lost it.

Do acorns cause any problems for chickens? My run will be adjacent to an oak I'm fond of.

Back
Top Bottom