Surviving Minnesota!

I'm not sure but my dad and uncles ground one up like burger and fed it to my grandparents... They didn't think it was overly funny... I would just burn it. SSS at its finest.

BantamBird I would not recommend feeding dead carcasses to birds?
I can't see what harm it would do if it's fresh.

Ug so this happened:

View attachment 1150665

Chicks were in the front driveway luckily.

View attachment 1150666

So I chased off the fox, got the chicks locked back up in the coop, and found the 17. Almost resorted to grabbing my 45SAAs since I knew where the ammo was for those. I've got all the security cams aimed, so someone might be getting a fox stole for xmas this year.

I guess that blows my theory from last week about a coon going into the barn to get my rooster, because no other animal would be so brazen....

Ug so this happened:

View attachment 1150665

Chicks were in the front driveway luckily.

View attachment 1150666

So I chased off the fox, got the chicks locked back up in the coop, and found the 17. Almost resorted to grabbing my 45SAAs since I knew where the ammo was for those. I've got all the security cams aimed, so someone might be getting a fox stole for xmas this year.

That's quite the capture. And people don't believe me when I say free ranging is safer. LOL. Anyways. I know all the arguments and won't start now. As I've had my losses, too. But that little smart guy will find a will and a way. For certain.

I love foxes too. think they are beautiful.
But if you mess with my chickens well that's like messin' with Texas....

I can't see what harm it would do if it's fresh.

Once cooked it doesn't matter, many people do it
Good free protein

My birds catch and eat mice all the time. I'll feed rabbit guts to em, and they pick out their favorites and I toss the rest.

I do it all the time. They eat them so fast they don't spoil.

However, my spoiled birds will not eat a squirrel with fur on it!

:sick:sick

I guess I don't feed my birds Dead animals. When we butcher I will feed them liver and blood we drain but that is that really. I guess the idea of feeding my birds a dead fox freaks me out. And I don't think theywould eat it. I shot a squirrel in the run one day and they wouldn't touch it.

Is anyone else sick of this rain? It has been raining here for the past two days and everything is slop!

When I process birds the lucky ones run around the ground grabbing the pieces of their dearly departed roommates for a snack...:confused::confused:
Did I ever tell you the story about the randy cockerel and the dead hen? :sick

Birds are heartless little meat eaters, mine anyway. They were picking bits of flesh off my dead ducks back in December when the massacre happened.

Back
Top Bottom