Surviving Minnesota!

:sick:sick

I guess I don't feed my birds Dead animals. When we butcher I will feed them liver and blood we drain but that is that really. I guess the idea of feeding my birds a dead fox freaks me out. And I don't think theywould eat it. I shot a squirrel in the run one day and they wouldn't touch it.
Lol! We omnivores eat all sorts of dead animals every day!
I love eating dead animals, I just cook them first.
Hahaha

I guess that blows my theory from last week about a coon going into the barn to get my rooster, because no other animal would be so brazen....
I met a fox coming out of the cop years ago . Found possum asleep in a hen nest . Found a hawk and a owl in the covered run before . Not at the same time . A owl in the coop once . The window tilted in and he must of hit it just right . Mink in the coop .They are all brazen enough .

That's quite the capture. And people don't believe me when I say free ranging is safer. LOL. Anyways. I know all the arguments and won't start now. As I've had my losses, too. But that little smart guy will find a will and a way. For certain.

I love foxes too. think they are beautiful.
But if you mess with my chickens well that's like messin' with Texas....

She is serious . Been to her house . Gun by the door that faces the coop . :lau

Maybe in the winter I would feed my flock something we killed but not in the summer. Too hot and muggy here and stuff starts to smell FAST!

Ralphie my chickens are broken. They won't eat the burger treat stuff. My show birds will but not my layers..

It looks as if one of my Buckeyes is broody again... She's being a mean old thing and sitting in the next box... She never even weaned her babies... This will be her 3rd batch this year...

Is anyone else sick of this rain? It has been raining here for the past two days and everything is slop!
ME!
Here is a picture of my coop/backyard. This rain stinks and we are in the 3-5 inch band.

Attachments

• 20171002_175415.jpg
    20171002_175415.jpg
    686.9 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom