Surviving Minnesota!

Smokey skies today, won't be as hot as predicted. We'll be out pontooning today.
A couple tomatoes are beginning to ripen finally. It's a tomato jungle out there, very healthy looking plants this year. I think it's because I sprayed neem oil this year. Or maybe that I bleached the tomato cages before putting them out.

I lost a white legbar to a flying wolf yesterday evening. We were eating supper when we heard a thump on the side of the house. We looked out the window and saw a hawk flying away and a dead bird right next to the house.

It was one of our favorites as it would separate from the group and feed under the wild bird feeders. The night before last, we laughed about her, it was just about coop closing time, and she saw us walking towards the coop. She ran out of the coop around the house to the feeder area, searched the ground for new treats quickly, then beat butt back to the coop.

When we walked outside she would run to us and follow right behind us, nipping at our heels if we did not feed her. Not a mean nip, but I am here nip. I will miss this one as will Judy.

Supposed to be another 100+ day here. I am selling baked goods and lemonade at Opryland Days for a track fundraiser.

Sorry to hear about that Ralphie

Smokey skies today, won't be as hot as predicted. We'll be out pontooning today.
A couple tomatoes are beginning to ripen finally. It's a tomato jungle out there, very healthy looking plants this year. I think it's because I sprayed neem oil this year. Or maybe that I bleached the tomato cages before putting them out.
Everyone we know has crazy tomatoes. Supposedly it’s from the amount of rays the suns has been giving off this year or something goofy.. Its like we had a green house of a spring sort of deal..

We cut up our first Brandy Wine tomatoes today.. they look great.

9888948E-76FD-4C7D-AD97-427564BD0C1B.jpeg

I lost a white legbar to a flying wolf yesterday evening. We were eating supper when we heard a thump on the side of the house. We looked out the window and saw a hawk flying away and a dead bird right next to the house.

It was one of our favorites as it would separate from the group and feed under the wild bird feeders. The night before last, we laughed about her, it was just about coop closing time, and she saw us walking towards the coop. She ran out of the coop around the house to the feeder area, searched the ground for new treats quickly, then beat butt back to the coop.

When we walked outside she would run to us and follow right behind us, nipping at our heels if we did not feed her. Not a mean nip, but I am here nip. I will miss this one as will Judy.
:hit
We cut up our first Brandy Wine tomatoes today.. they look great.

View attachment 1500187
I'm so jealous :drool

I win!!! First post of the day.,.,.. and this was after church even!

slackers!

I picked tomatoes Friday. I planted them with good intentions and never got to weeding them. I figured they were a loss as the ragweed and lambs quarter are 6 ft tall.

I ventured out into them and found some of the plants and even picked a quite a few tomatoes...

My senile elderly Mother has been on my case to weed them all year. I have just been too busy. Leaving home by 5-6 am and not getting home until well after dark most days.

When I picked the tomatoes, I brought her some and told her, I was going to weed even less next year because they did so well this year...

The elderly seem to lack a good sense of humor......She scolded me a tad for not taking care of the tomatoes.

I win!!! First post of the day.,.,.. and this was after church even!

slackers!

I picked tomatoes Friday. I planted them with good intentions and never got to weeding them. I figured they were a loss as the ragweed and lambs quarter are 6 ft tall.

I ventured out into them and found some of the plants and even picked a quite a few tomatoes...

My senile elderly Mother has been on my case to weed them all year. I have just been too busy. Leaving home by 5-6 am and not getting home until well after dark most days.

When I picked the tomatoes, I brought her some and told her, I was going to weed even less next year because they did so well this year...

The elderly seem to lack a good sense of humor......She scolded me a tad for not taking care of the tomatoes.
Tell her you will Plant them next to her house next time so she can weed them.

Our tomatoes are crap this year. Idiot who cleans our parking lot plowed all the salty snow into the garden area where we plant them:rant. Even weeds arnt doing well. I should tell the guy off. Been tired but had tri church hymn sing service with pot luck to follow. For those who dont know I find melon to be disgusting. They ruined many fruit salads with melon :barnie. I rounded out the day with doing photos for the paper of millville river valley days. Drank beer and watched the kids play in shell corn and a sprinkler. While the DJ was playing. All in all decent day but tiring

Back
Top Bottom