Surviving Minnesota!

I should say I have no reason to not like Buckeyes, I just do not want to get caught on a "new" breed, like I did on the creamettes..

Kloppers show people are way different than us egg raisers and chicken farmers. The little things they argue about are entertaining.. Maybe you need to find a cute name for them... Roasted nuts.. or something Buckeye is a nut right?

I should say I have no reason to not like Buckeyes,  I just do not want to get caught on a "new" breed, like I did on the creamettes..

Kloppers show people are way different than us egg raisers and chicken farmers. The little things they argue about are entertaining..  Maybe you need to find a cute name for them...  Roasted nuts.. or something  Buckeye is a nut right?

The scientific name for the nuts is something Flabra. They are our little Aesculus Flabras! Lol not... Maybe what do u think?? Flabra

Last edited:
I should say I have no reason to not like Buckeyes,  I just do not want to get caught on a "new" breed, like I did on the creamettes..

Kloppers show people are way different than us egg raisers and chicken farmers. The little things they argue about are entertaining..  Maybe you need to find a cute name for them...  Roasted nuts.. or something  Buckeye is a nut right?

Yes I know what you mean and agree. I would never make a good breeder as I could never cull like I would need to.

I also am too cheap to cough up fancy bird prices :)

Well a larding needle and pork fat could help put fat into the meat before brineing and smoking .

Excellent Idea. I will cook some bacon fat from some bacon ends I have and use that!! I think I have some pork fat in the freezer too...Thanks

chicken_horror.jpg

Back
Top Bottom