Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, when I signed on it gave me a list of threads. Surviving MN was at the top with over 22,000. Now you can laugh because it may very well be that I mis-did something. I like living in my own little world though. I think you would need to sign off and then log back it.

2. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

You saw cleared walks because that it something I do. I don't want them walked on and then it turns to ice and then its impossible. The driveway is my DH job. Kind of I hesitated to pick up the pliers (shovel) but since it was for ME I did it anyway. I am NOT starting a snow thrower. He would not let me anyway. He doesn't trust my abilities to direct its path. Kind of like the laundry and turning the whites pink. Fine with me.

Tom Hanks mentioned to me that you had been by. He was glad you waved. Just like the old ways of neighbors (no matter that there is a ten mile distance between) when everyone waved to everyone.

I am going to take the pups for a walk and then clear out all that seasonal stuff from the livingroom. I am thinking of letting the chickies free range for a while. Go away EAGLES! I do live on Eagle Lake Road though and it is called Eagle Lake. Probably for a reason.

3. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    After searching on line for tracks in the snow DD says it looks coyote to her rather than wolf. Well, I know the DNR has been out hunting coyotes more than once (I can see them out my window) so it is no surprise to me to have yote tracks. I just hope they leave my birds and cows alone!!

4. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    The list on the main page is showing you the most recently update threads. so when you logged in, somebody must have just posted recently on ours. The 22k views is accurate though. We have all kinds of people following our antics that wish they were Minnesotans [​IMG]

5. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    OMG I love my chickens. I promise to let strawberry live out her years with me, I will never eat her or give her away. This morning I was in the coop cleaning it and it was pretty warm in there so I took off my coat and laid it in a corner. And she went and laid on my coat, and of course she was screaming at me the whole time, she is always screaming at me I'm used to it.. Can't wait to get Ralphies rooster she is more then ready to lay down.. Lol.. Anyways after I cleaned the coop and I sat in the run with the girls and watched them for a little while I grabbed my coat put it on and was on my way to the house. I put my hand in my pocket and OMG there was a egg in my pocket.. I love that girl I don't even have to collect her eggs anymore she will just deposit them into my pockets.. For all the stress that my BO and SLW caused me strawberry is making up for it.. That or she just wants to make sure she moves with me..

2 people like this.
  6. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop

7. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

After passing your house I went by Havacan's old place. ( there is no place there anymore Thank You Sherburne National refuge) It is about 3/8 a mile east ( Hilding Wilson's 40 plus a half of Enoch Hanson's forty) of 15 and 4 towards the river. ( By Art Skoog's road, Who is not there anymore either) And there was a mature Eagle sitting in the top of one of the old oak trees the refuges scored so it would die. HUGE bird, I shot it with my finger pistol but it did not die.

BTW do you know for having grown up here and fished every lake in the area a lot, I have never fished Eagle Lake!

My wife does not allow me to do white laundry either. She will let me do the colored stuff, but even that has caused her some pink undies.

8. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    [​IMG]

My corn fodder is sprouting!! Can u see the sprout?? Its the biggest one I could find on top!! Sorry BC no moonshine today!!

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    These people should all stop and say HI, We are friendly aren't we? I know I see lots of names I do not recognize in the little boxy thingy..

Rhett, I told you when the barometer drops next, she will calf! Some of those old "wives tale's" seem to come true.

Cluckies I bought some of the descaler stuff too, it works better, but it would take my entire pension to buy as much of that as the Keurig wants me to use. Why is it I, a reasonably intelligent person and cannot remember for the life how to spell Keurig correctly..

10. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I am so sorry, but I do not see it. And the rules of polite society for conversation in mixed company do not allow me to say what it looks like to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by