Surviving Minnesota!

This is us today, so far...
C5FF23AB-78D5-4437-AB59-322C1216D8F8.jpeg
E85225C0-129D-4926-8678-AFAECD1538D8.jpeg

Now I think my weather is not so bad . Thank you .

Cindyin SD how are you doing it?!

OMG...for the love of Pete.

Haha... you may have noticed I took those pics from the INSIDE of the house. My cows are shaggy Scottish Highlands and even they are in the barn when they’re not eating. I bought 6 more round bales than I thought they’d need. After the one in the feeder, there’s only one left and I’m starting to get a little worried. I just hope this ends soon. I need grass. Normally we have a profound supply this time of year.

So... I went out to minister to the needs of my little flock (the little herd is okay—they have their bale and their barn). I shoveled a chicken tractor’s length of 8 1/2” of seriously wet snow and moved their tractor. There IS some nice grass squashed down under there but the meaties will soon cover it with poop. Doesn’t seem to kill it, tho. The places they’ve been are recovering nicely despite the ridiculous weather. It’s always been a kind of thin spot (where they are) anyway. Maybe they will help it. Anyway they’re thoroughly tarped, watered & fed for the night, but I’ll check on them in case.

Tarped the ends of the hens’ summer house so the geese won’t freeze. They seem pretty happy in there. They have their food and a big bucket of water to dunk their silly heads in.

The Golden/Lab (Reagan) would like to pay them a call, but that’s not gonna happen. He’s alone in the family in his insane appreciation of the snow. Endless white stuff to roll and wriggle in is heaven to him. He’s so funny. Ten years old and he still thinks he’s a puppy.

The hens will get their treats tonight— other than that I’m done with the out-of-doors for today. It is not being very hospitable.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom