Surviving Minnesota!

The Loon is the state bird? Well I'll be darned....had no idea.

Yeppers, they are fun to watch. I enjoy them when I am in Togo. They are pretty protective of their babies.

In late fall, we have fairly large rafts of young on the lake preparing for their extended trip to the gulf. They are normally solitary birds.

Jerry did you get a pharamone to bait the swarm or lemon grass essential oil?

Just plowed bank snow and maybe north slopes in the woods with snow. Lake ice is about 20 inches DS said but integrity is getting iffy. No more four wheelers to get on and off the shorelines —are soft water. It’s brown time out there. Frogs woke up this weekend. And yesterday our wild mallards and woodies flew into the two potholes. They free range my lawn in the evenings. Soon the hawks will be here to harass them I suppose.
The rain Monday morning was welcome and the sun and warmth even more so.

My car needs a serious bath. I’m sure I’m losing gas Miles with the mud I carry on it!

In laws are in their two week quarantine from travelling back from Texas. They bought me 3 vanilla beans in Mexico. $3 each. Lol.

Cass County got a darker color . 2 more covid cases for a total of 3

A section just for those who say "uff da" and "ope" ;)! Thanks for the heads up @duluthralphie.

I'm envious of the rhubarb I'm reading that many of you have coming up. I tried growing some a few years ago, but must have planted it in the wrong environment - it barely survived for two years, then disappeared.

Save your chicken manure let it compost and plant the rhubarb right in that. I dump almost composted chicken poop right on top my rhubarb. it loves the rich soil. My plants only get partial sun. I have no idea if they need full sun or not, but mine do well where they are. I think the plants are close to 50 years old.

I know we never do much with them except dump chit on them and eat them.

Just plowed bank snow and maybe north slopes in the woods with snow. Lake ice is about 20 inches DS said but integrity is getting iffy. No more four wheelers to get on and off the shorelines —are soft water. It’s brown time out there. Frogs woke up this weekend. And yesterday our wild mallards and woodies flew into the two potholes. They free range my lawn in the evenings. Soon the hawks will be here to harass them I suppose.

My car needs a serious bath. I’m sure I’m losing gas Miles with the mud I carry on it!

In laws are in their two week quarantine from travelling back from Texas. They bought me 3 vanilla beans in Mexico. $3 each. Lol.

The lakes are open here in the Banana Belt. I saw a pontoon on the lake yesterday.

Not sure but I can smell lemon . Might be both . I got it off eBay . Just sold as swarm lure. 6 Honeybee Swarm Lure honey bee scent beehive hive bait box Sold by Beekeeper

Last edited:
Not sure but I can smell lemon . Might be both . I got it off eBay . Just sold as swarm lure. 6 Honeybee Swarm Lure honey bee scent beehive hive bait box Sold by Beekeeper

I was looking at getting a lure from Mann lake.

D3349151-765B-42D4-AC30-145330EC2803.png

I thought I would have it around Incase mine swarmed.

The guy that’s helping me called ladtsaid he checked his feed yesterday and he was surprised how much they had taken.

He said I should peek at mine today and fill if I need to. It’s going to be cold and windy but should be above 40 around noon.

I have a Deep super above the super with the frames in it. All that is in the upper super is the feed. I will lift the lid and peek at the feed, but I am not going to lift the inner cover at all.

Did that make sense?

Back
Top Bottom