Surviving Minnesota!

Morning . Wind advisory here today . Gonna take awhile to adjust to the time change . Dark at 5 is a bummer . Ordered 2 recliners and a love seat yesterday . May take a month to get them . DW has a birthday today .

Good morning.

We had quite the blow last night.
The WW and I went out about 8:30 and put a tie down on my deer stand. I got it set up yesterday but didn’t have time to get all the tie downs on it. (mainly because I didn’t have another with me).

It came with 2ft long pegs to anchor it with, but in our sand they were worthless. When the trees started blowing over, I decided I better get a tie down on the upwind side.

Today, after church, I need to install my carpeting, cook stove and griddle. I will get the recliner and shooting stool set up. I think I might need a book case or end table also.

I need to find a youngster to climb a couple trees and trim some pesky branches. I am thinking I need a turret also to help steady my old hands.

I also have to put a door latch on it. I am thinking about hanging some bird feeders and a clothesline off it.

BAC49BD9-23E4-442A-9D47-20D7858C6299.jpeg

as you can see our snow is gone!!:wee

This is from the back side and the view of the swamp.
DCBA00DA-9B57-425C-8BDC-495D7E293600.jpeg
68EC4F1E-BA63-4AA9-B062-06A2EAE9C367.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning.

We had quite the blow last night.
The WW and I went out about 8:30 and put a tie down on my deer stand. I got it set up yesterday but didn’t have time to get all the tie downs on it. (mainly because I didn’t have another with me).

It came with 2ft long pegs to anchor it with, but in our sand they were worthless. When the trees started blowing over, I decided I better get a tie down on the upwind side.

Today, after church, I need to install my carpeting, cook stove and griddle. I will get the recliner and shooting stool set up. I think I might need a book case or end table also.

I need to find a youngster to climb a couple trees and trim some pesky branches. I am thinking I need a turret also to help steady my old hands.

I also have to put a door latch on it. I am thinking about hanging some bird feeders and a clothesline off it.

View attachment 2395181
as you can see our snow is gone!!:wee

This is from the back side and the view of the swamp.
View attachment 2395185View attachment 2395187
That was quite the raffle you won to get that contraption.

J was telling me a story about something at work and talking about this tool he was using and how great it worked.
I searched my memory bank and I did not recall him telling me when he got that tool.
I said since when do you have that?
He says.
Ummm, I think I won a raffle?🤦

That was quite the raffle you won to get that contraption.

J was telling me a story about something at work and talking about this tool he was using and how great it worked.
I searched my memory bank and I did not recall him telling me when he got that tool.
I said since when do you have that?
He says.
Ummm, I think I won a raffle?🤦
Dang.... some of us are so lucky at them there raffles!

Back
Top Bottom