Surviving Minnesota!

Ralphie- what are your hatching plans for the Chanteclers? How long or late will you be hatching?

I will hatch into June maybe July.

I will hatch as many PC's as my 2 hens get me. EJB has first dibs, beyond that I am open, I can hatch mine anytime. I told everyone last night I would wait to set eggs until tonight so I could get a few more. It worked in spades....sorta..

I got 13 eggs today, 6 Creamettes, 2 SS's, 2 Toads, 2 PC's and one EE. But if you add those up they total 13... 13 is a bad number. and to prove that I managed to break 2 CLB eggs... Yes, I said a word not allowed on BYC when they hit the ground.

I have 57 eggs going into the incubator tonight. Pending good candling of the last 11.

oyster shells dishes are always filled.. not sure what hen laid it.. hope it doesnt happen oftenso i dont have to worry...

and another of my baby chicks died in the night...
Oh bummer, so sorry to hear..

That is just strange, How is Roostie doing? Are they all from those you got a Ramsey feed?

I bet that egg was just a whoops, they happen.

Last edited:
Ivie, sounds like you've got chicken nursing down! Youve got your own NIC unit going! Glad your taking the other little one! Can't wait till you get the SS. I really love mine!!

Got up to 70 here today! Set up my grooming table on a deck to groom out a few dogs. Finished with the first, took him into the house, came out with the next one only to find my two turkey hens on my table inspecting my grooming stuff. They didnt want to get down either! Ya'll need turkeys....they are too funny!

Back
Top Bottom