Surviving Minnesota!

My Toads have mud under them. I never have mud here!

I am going to be building them a larger coop. I have two kind of coops for them now. One is 4x8 the other 4x4. They live in the 4x4. stupid birds.

I have 8 birds in there and that is too many. I am going to make the coop area 4x6 or 4x8 depending on what I find for pallets. I am going to put a roost or 2 8 inches up so they can roost instead of sitting on the ground. I would like to give them a couple nest boxes, but I do not know how high they can get. I would like them a foot high, but I do not want them hurting their legs on the way down.

I had to teach King George a lesson today. I normally only let either Bert Jr, or King George out. Beings I was going to be out there I thought I would let them both out so I could keep an eye on King George. After about 15 minutes, King George was chasing poor Bert. He ran him into a corner and started beating on Bert. I grabbed George, and put him under my arm and slapped him on the back of the head (not hard) then held his head down with my hands over his eyes until he dropped his hackles.

The King then went back in his box and spent the next 8 hours alone. I let his gals back in with him tonight. I did give him about 20 minutes of freedom before bed time. I had locked Bert and his gals up by then.

I think I named him correctly King George is going to force a revolution with his heavy handed methods.

We had to drive into downtown Orrock tonight to get our lottery ticket. It is our retirement savings plan.

It is so cold and damp, just a miserable night. I have decided it is a Hot chocolate and Yukon jack with a smidgeon of cinnamon liqueur night. Eat your heart out Homs, you have 6 years before you can have one!!!

DH just ordered a Jack Daniels Winter something or other. I guess it so good and hard to come by. They've got all these designer whiskeys these days and some of them are pretty good. He brought home a JD Honey. And it's super smooth. I think they are 60 proof so not the kick of regular...but good enough for me.

Sorry Holm I'll get myself back on talking about Hot Chocolate. Swiss Miss is the best. Real Marshmallows. Not the mix with the pathetic little fake ones right?

Also want to add that I've edited the introduction to the thread like 4 times...as I think of other good things I'd like people to share about. I had forgot about the Weather, because we all love the weather. Ha! Gardening. And I think I added a rule for New Folks to Fire away on any questions. Because I think there will be some Newbie chicken owners that find us.

Edited to add.

Let me know if you have anything to add! LOL.
gig.gif

Last edited:
The sugar free crap --aspartame-- causes cancer. So I think you'll be alright. I saw some of the Yogurts are pulling the aspartame. That's good. But I've been buying the Greek yogurt lately. Blueberry honey. It's pretty tasty.

The sugar free crap --aspartame-- causes cancer. So I think you'll be alright. I saw some of the Yogurts are pulling the aspartame. That's good. But I've been buying the Greek yogurt lately. Blueberry honey. It's pretty tasty.

We eat a lot of greek yogurt, my DW says it has to do with the way it is spun or something. I bought the last batch at Sam's club, it was real reasonable.

I have a yogurt with grapenuts for breakfast. Maybe I will lose weight, or at least save those breakfast calories for something worthwhile, like hot cocoa and schnapps.

Back
Top Bottom