Surviving Minnesota!

But you have to be in the pic with them!! I should have said selfie with your favorite bird!
263a.png

I am not very photogenic.

Holms - you have a new friend!

Yes I do!! I LOVE my Muscovys! They r so cute!! Ivie I think you need some! You have a big river right in your backyard! Feed em in the coop and they will go swim all day and come home at night!

Psladky, welcome to the thread. There is much to be learned here. Some of it is worthwhile. You are not at the end of the earth, but you might see it from there. Canada is another planet.

Holm, as a Muscovy expert what can you tell us about her ducks? IV would lose her ducks to Mink, Otter and Raccoons along the river. Ducks are interesting but messy and don't do well without water, which makes keeping them in winter a PITA.

Actual Muscovies with their carbuncles are an exceedingly ugly duck IMHO. There are some respectable looking ducks which are very good egg layers.

Last edited:
Psladky, welcome to the thread.  There is much to be learned here.  Some of it is worthwhile.  You are not at the end of the earth, but you might see it from there.  Canada is another planet.

Holm, as a Muscovy expert what can you tell us about her ducks?  IV would lose her ducks to Mink, Otter and Raccoons along the river.  Ducks are interesting but messy and don't do well without water, which makes keeping them in winter a PITA.

Actual Muscovies with their carbuncles are an exceedingly ugly duck IMHO.  There are some respectable looking ducks which are very good egg layers. 

Hers look like blue pied. Mine dont make a mess at all. My coop stays really dry and the Muscovies dont make a mess like Pekins do. I am by far no expert but am learning more all the time.

Psladky, welcome to the thread. There is much to be learned here. Some of it is worthwhile. You are not at the end of the earth, but you might see it from there. Canada is another planet.

Holm, as a Muscovy expert what can you tell us about her ducks? IV would lose her ducks to Mink, Otter and Raccoons along the river. Ducks are interesting but messy and don't do well without water, which makes keeping them in winter a PITA.

Actual Muscovies with their carbuncles are an exceedingly ugly duck IMHO. There are some respectable looking ducks which are very good egg layers.
Thank you :) I can't cross into Canada yet, working on that nexus pass, then there is no stopping me. I hear there is a bakery on the Canadian side ;)

2 ducks and 1 drake. This was this fall, I'm curious to see what they will look like after they molt. The one girl isn't even white anymore.
Also r u going to breed for SOP?? If so I would get a different drake. Once you have that white head gene in the birds it takes awhile to get out of a flock. If your breeding for meat or pets its fine to have but at shows u can get docked major points or be disqualified.

Yes I do!! I LOVE my Muscovys! They r so cute!! Ivie I think you need some! You have a big river right in your backyard! Feed em in the coop and they will go swim all day and come home at night!

Don't think that I have not thought of that. The only problem is the muskrats. You guys have me thinking about two turkeys and half dozen ducks, The SS and the PC.

You muscovys are beautiful. What are SQ lines? My muscovys aren't to messy either, they aren't a "in the water duck" like our magpies were. They go in the ponds but most of the time they just come lay up by the patio door in the summer. My husband wanted them to raise for meat, but that thought is no more. We love them too much, I couldn't do it. They are the friendliest ducks, they meet the bus in the warmer weather when the kids come home, and just hang out.

Back
Top Bottom