Surviving Minnesota!

I pulled the heat lamp out. It’s s premier heat lamp and it’s so big that the birds sorta have issues with roosting where it hangs. Found two girls nested down under the broody coop. I’m sure they had issues.
So hands and knees got them out and back on the roost.

It’s coming down fast out there

Made boiled ham dinner with a korbert ham in the instant pot. Wow wow wow. It tasted so good. I had to cut the ham up of course but I love that appliance. 20 minutes.

Hmmm. It looks like BYC has done a new look again. We can see mobile emojis now? Wowser. Rit rrr BYC.

Beautiful and more white outside. We're in for more accumulations. By the end of the week the snowfall tallies for this weekend's precip is saying 14 new inches...? Is that what everybody else is getting too? I got only glimpse of a snowfall total map.

Chickens: In the run. comfortable. Probably bored to pieces. Long winter.... 3 Pullets continue to lay.
So when I get my garden a going I'm thinking cattle panels to keep chickens and deer out. And then I'll have to wrap some fencing around bottom for bunnies. I'm going to look up what you are doing there with making that cattle panel more sturdy.
We use cattle panels around our garden. No kangaroos yet. We do plant stuff all around the edges, so maybe that discourages them. We read somewhere that they won't jump a fence if they can't see what's on the other side. (Or something like that.) I have smaller-squared fencing around the bottom to keep the bunnies out.

Made boiled ham dinner with a korbert ham in the instant pot. Wow wow wow. It tasted so good. I had to cut the ham up of course but I love that appliance. 20 minutes.
My instant pot is my favorite kitchen toy.

Not sure how much snow we got here on the prairie, but it came down thick and fast from 10:30 this morning through most of the day. The winds are supposed to pick up tonight, causing blizzard conditions. Plows will not be out until the snowing and blowing is over - possibly Sunday. We are happily hunkered down here, just waiting it out.

Please tell me about this guillotine, @duluthralphie ? 🙏
Well, it was a 17th century device used in France to remove the heads of royalty..
114B5C52-222E-4168-ABB0-41B599B70577.gif

Back
Top Bottom