Surviving Minnesota!

Fishing was great yesterday! Out for an hour and a half, and brought home 3 pike!
79C1CF80-A952-4349-BC25-A033C4FA504B.jpeg

For sale:

One very smart wily speckled sussex pullet.

She knows where I go there is a chance of a treat.

She is particularly fond of helping with gardening.

She also knows Saint Judy will run her butt off the deck unless I am there to protect her. While on the deck she stays close to me and avoids the chasing the other birds her.

Today she pushed her luck, I have been slow planting sweet corn. I use an antique ( meaning older than Jerry and EJB combined) :lau .. she learned corn seed drops when I pull the handles apart. I think she can hear the seed fall down.

She waits for me to stick the planter in the ground, squeeze the handle and pull it up. Then it’s a race to see if my foot or her beak gets to the seed first. She won way too often.

She is way too smart for most flocks.

It is possible she likes cucumber, pumpkin, bean, watermelon and squash seeds too.

Last edited:
For sale:

One very smart wily speckled sussex pullet.

She knows where I go there is a chance of a treat.

She is particularly fond of helping with gardening.

She also knows Saint Judy will run her butt off the deck unless I am there to protect her. While on the deck she stays close to me and avoids the chasing the other birds her.

Today she pushed her luck, I have been slow planting sweet corn. I use an antique ( meaning older than Jerry and EJB combined) :lau .. she learned corn seed drops when I pull the handles apart. I think she can hear the seed fall down.

She waits for me to stick the planter in the ground, squeeze the handle and pull it up. Then it’s a race to see if my foot or her beak gets to the seed first. She won way too often.

She is way too smart for most flocks.

It is possible she like cucumber, pumpkin, bean, watermelon and squash seeds too.
I heard that @memphis needs another SS hen.

My garden tiller took a poop the other day.

I have been keeping it running with, twine, wire and a ton of make shift parts.

I decided it was time for a new one, try finding one now?

They don’t exist. I finally found a floor model, but it was not what I wanted. But at least I have a tiller again.

Back
Top Bottom