Surviving Minnesota!

Ralphie I’m sending you condolences on the last SS you lost. I know you were fond of them as lappers.
I discussed the idea of letting my flock age out . As I’m sure I’ll be making college visits and DH may want to travel more without the kids. Idk. I’ve been weighing this each year for about the last 3 but I think I do have some good reasons to do it. I can maintain the coop and run so as not to let them be run down and return to chicken keeping if I wish. DH gave me a big yes on this decision but the chickens were never on his like or to do list. He’s a fan of the eggs but no interest In The hobby. He’s weird—
We shall see...

I found one in my run the hard way this summer.
Tore it down about 5 minutes later.
Took one down at work yesterday.
there’s an odd satisfaction in taking down those paper nests!

I find more than satisfaction taking them down, it is a joy that becomes almost euphoric, depending on how many times they got me.

I really like tearing down those suckers. LOL. And running like H-E double hockey sticks the other way giggling with my kids who may be watching...Ahhh. so fun.

Interesting in my knitting crocheting stuff I saw this pattern for an ugly gray crocheted wasp nest. I guess they are territorial and will not build if they see another nest...? A couple people swore by them. Then there is also a scientist that has their input as it being malarkey. For me...I'm like i'm out some ugly yarn? IDK....might try...

I really like tearing down those suckers. LOL. And running like H-E double hockey sticks the other way giggling with my kids who may be watching...Ahhh. so fun.

Interesting in my knitting crocheting stuff I saw this pattern for an ugly gray crocheted wasp nest. I guess they are territorial and will not build if they see another nest...? A couple people swore by them. Then there is also a scientist that has their input as it being malarkey. For me...I'm like i'm out some ugly yarn? IDK....might try...
Please post if you try it!!!

I've heard this too about wasps being territorial. And 'scientists'? 🙄 Not wanting folks to experiment? Really? They just issue a decree and we must believe and obey. Like they and their priestocracy are the only ones who are allowed to assay an experiment or two? I think half the time they're guessing just like the rest of us dumdum deplorable commoners. I think you should go for it.

OTOH I have noticed if one doesn't keep on top of them, they seem to be willing to build a heluva lot of nests pretty much everywhere.

I've heard this too about wasps being territorial. And 'scientists'? 🙄 Not wanting folks to experiment? Really? They just issue a decree and we must believe and obey. Like they and their priestocracy are the only ones who are allowed to assay an experiment or two? I think half the time they're guessing just like the rest of us dumdum deplorable commoners. I think you should go for it.

OTOH I have noticed if one doesn't keep on top of them, they seem to be willing to build a heluva lot of nests pretty much everywhere.

I have bees upon bees here. I bet their territories are around 12 square inches.

If I get through tomorrow I will be one week sting free.

interesting side note.. when I posted this the first time autocorrect changed sting free to dying free.. I am hoping to go a lot longer than 1 week dying free.

I think half the time they're guessing just like the rest of us dumdum deplorable commoners. I think you should go for it.
It's worse than that. They have a preconceived idea and design their "tests" to support their ideas rather than accept unbiased data.

Back
Top Bottom