Surviving Minnesota!

Happy Thanksgiving to all and especially in these trying times. Ralphie, give the urkeys a few extra treats on Turkey Day !

I have to. I committed a turkey offense yesterday. They are not happy with me today.

I wrote about it on the turkey thread. Turkeys can be such Prima Donas.

Jerry. I was busy building a new deer stand about 25 yards from my machine shed. Muzzleloader season starts Saturday. I decided I am going to give that a shot. If I get the stand done and furnace installed.

It’s a special stand erected for just one guy..

Note the time stamps he is pretty reliable and has been increasing his run area, knocking the crap out of the young poppies. I ordered some special tarsal gland for him and a little doe in eustrus. Just to keep him interested.

There is a larger buck visiting his scrapes but that’s around 1-3 am. And he is not as regular. As you all know only Rangers like @EJB can hunt at those hours..

F3E6D2F9-8935-4483-BFB3-41D5A5F9473F.jpeg
B6FCBA90-8EE1-45C7-A059-EB18BC793309.jpeg

Morning . A little something for Ralphie .
T'was the night before the hunt and all through the house not a creature was stirring not even Pearl . Ralphie was snug in his bed with visions of a big buck dancing in his head . At daybreak the next morning there he was . A flash of white and he was gone . As he ran away he was heard to exclaim dash away dash away all .

No Bambi again today.

Grey squirrel and an owl was all.

I need to get a dummy thermostat. Then lock the real one up.

Its either hot or cold in the house. Every time I mention it the WW says “I was cold so I turned the temp up”..

or. “ I was hot so I turned it down .”

She refuses to leave her hands off it. The thermostat works fine unlike her internal sensor.

If you’re cold put on sweatshirt, if you’re hot take it off. I wish I had sold her when she still had value, I hate her constantly adjusting the thermostat, I defeats the purpose of having a thermostat.

Rant over..

I used to do that... when I was, like, twelve. We lived in FL, so always hot; never cold. If I was a little hot I would turn the a/c up (which is down if you're a heater person) by a couple degrees. If I was really hot I'd turn it up maybe ten degrees. My silly dad kept telling me it would cool just as quickly if I turned it up one degree or two. 🙄 He obviously didn't understand just how HOT it really was. I mean!

Back
Top Bottom